Stalking Syd Barrett

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Re: Stalking Syd Barrett

Post by J Ed »

whether to stalk or not to stalk is a test of faith
like all those dinosaur fossils that satanic science keeps demonstrating must be more than 4000 years old even though The Bible clearly tells us thats impossible

so the gentleman formerly known as Syd Barrett lets it be known that he definitively does not want to be bothered by nosey "fans"
who's he to tell truebelieving sydfans what to do?
only the true Sydfan knows what Syd would really want them to do

obviously the thing to do is move to Cambridge with a steamertrunk full of disguises and make up a different excuse to knock on the door every day, thats what Syd would really want and he would be extrapleased a true fan had seen through the test and discovered the Secret Hidden Message

just too bad he's dead now, that makes the test of faith more challenging,
but since the gentleman formerly known as Syd wasnt really being cooperative anyway maybe he wasnt the True Syd after all
you SydFaithfull should find new Sydlookalikes to stalk, theres probably at least one in every town, even Estonia
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

J Ed wrote:who's he to tell truebelieving sydfans what to do?
only the true Sydfan knows what Syd would really want them to do.
but since the gentleman formerly known as Syd wasnt really being cooperative anyway maybe he wasnt the True Syd after all
you SydFaithfull should find new Sydlookalikes to stalk, theres probably at least one in every town, even Estonia
A true Sydfan knows that he didn't give a shit! Not a question of being uncooperative, he just didn't give a shit!

You should be very thankful for Syd Barrett, he was the founder of the Floyd.... He got the Floyd started and Gilmour took it from there.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

GilmourGirl wrote:A true Sydfan knows that he didn't give a shit! Not a question of being uncooperative, he just didn't give a shit!
How do you know that? Did he tell you, or is it just a strange assumption?
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
kingfisher_flashing wrote:Gotta go burn my incense and log on to the late night forum and check to see if there are any more "loser wierdos" are online at the shrine! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: I'll probably see you over there soon Gina! Yes, I am another of those lowlife pathetic Syd Barrett-obsessed freaks that should have no other fate than being placed in front of a firing squad and shot!
Ah, but you will be the one with the clean feet! :lol: :lol: :lol: You know, we can argue amongst all ourselves to our heart's content, but when someone from the outside bags anyone from the LN forum, it raises my hackles up something chronic.

People can call us what they like, but we Syd fans stick together and show real respect for each other's opinions no matter what.

Some people here really need to take a leaf out our "freakazoids" book!
:lol: :lol:
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

GilmourGirl wrote:A true Sydfan knows that he didn't give a shit! Not a question of being uncooperative, he just didn't give a shit!
Excuse me ? :shock: No wonder he wanted to left alone. Geez, imagine these giggling girls on his doorstep, day and night. Or camping on his front yard. But what the heck, they must all been true Sydfans, just waited to be served with a hot chocolade and boiled cabbages.
And maybe some secret message too :lol:
Last edited by zag on Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Alan-Alan-Alan... When're you gonna learn... Never? Well, sute yourself... I know what I'm worth, and it's never gonna be cheap. Some of your sayings do anger me, but your last post really fails to :P . Like Kevin of the "Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy" would say to Eddy, "You're so desperate, I swear :lol: ! "
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:Alan-Alan-Alan... When're you gonna learn... Never?

The only thing it is possible to learn from you is that you are a mis-guided, naive delusional who offers nothing useful to this forum.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Muahahahahaha, what a funny fella :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

moom wrote:Muahahahahaha, what a funny fella :lol:
Well I clearly got the naive bit right.

And a little look at your other posts in this thread/forum wrap up the mis-guided and dilusional bits as well. Job done. :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Alan, you don't know a lot about me, so shut your guts ;) I mean, I stoped being naive years ago.
GilmourGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by GilmourGirl »

PublicImage wrote:
How do you know that? Did he tell you, or is it just a strange assumption?
It was so obvious if you've heard his history from his own family! Syd Barrett didn't give a shit because he didn't have to. Good enough for you? Let him be now!!
Astral Cowgirl
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Astral Cowgirl »

Ah! We're back to this!
Hi Syd chicks! :lol:
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

GilmourGirl wrote:It was so obvious if you've heard his history from his own family! Syd Barrett didn't give a shit because he didn't have to. Good enough for you? Let him be now!!
No, it's not good enough, because it's still very far from being even remotely conclusive.
Astral Cowgirl
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Astral Cowgirl »

Nobody knows anything for certain about anything, but what is obvious that Roger being or acting in the reclusive manner that he did, made his star shine brighter and sold him records without even having to lift a finger or leaving the comfort of his Cambridge home. One tends to think there is a chance a bit of it might have been put on for the benefit of the general public.

I doubt that Roger would have wanted to be left alone 24/7. Schizophrenic or not or whatever you want to call his condition, at times "Syd" the musician would have come through in his older years, it's just human nature to want to be remembered and dare I say to think "hey I've still got it". Of course this is my opinion, but what I know for sure Roger wasn't all that consumed with hiding himself from every fan that had the guts to approach him, contrary the man was kind enough to engage in conversation and even give a momento!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Astral Cowgirl wrote:Ah! We're back to this!
Hi Syd chicks! :lol:
And folks, too :) ? Hi, AC :D