Worst Floyd songs

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
orbfile23
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Worst Floyd songs

Post by orbfile23 »

summer68 wrote:
David Smith wrote: 2. Corporal Clegg- did anyone actually like that song?

8. Alan's psychadelic brekfast- before you defend it, can anyone even remember how this song goes?
Corporal Clegg is freaking great!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan's breakfast is decent but not so great.
mblostchord
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mblostchord »

So...

If you were going to make 1 compilation CD of pink floyd songs to take with you to Hell (which we'll assume DOES exists and you've been condemned to its complete mysery FOREVER.. yet is has a CD player that you can access for 2 hours, though once every 10 years).

What songs?

1) Shine On You Crazy Diamond
2) Welcome to The Machine
3) High Hopes
4) Wish You Were Here
5) Dogs
6) Echoes (may have to be chopped a little)
7) Comfortably Numb
8) Time
9) Pillow of Winds (very... peaceful)
10) Goodbye Blue Sky

That would require a super long CD...

Very hard to choose because I REALLY enjoy the entire WYWH and Animals albums. Remember Hell only permits one CD so you can't take Echoes Best of!
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Speaking of compilations... I was thinking... the next move of EMI to make money should be a 'Worst of' compilation!! yeah!!! :lol:

It should be called: A NEW MACHINE: THE WORST OF PINK FLOYD...

It SHOULD include A New Machine parts 1 and 2, and some new remixes of them, maybe by some good Dj's :lol: (just imagine that.... owww :-& ](*,) )

Well, it should include Dogs of War too, and a bonus track of it played backwards!! (it's REALLY FUNNY!! :lol: ), and, well, another AWFUL PF tracks :wink:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Stilgar wrote:A NEW MACHINE: THE WORST OF PINK FLOYD...
:lol: classic title
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Totally agree.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Stilgar wrote:It should be called: A NEW MACHINE: THE WORST OF PINK FLOYD...
It isn't that bad.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Stilgar wrote:Well, it should include Dogs of War too, and a bonus track of it played backwards!! (it's REALLY FUNNY!! :lol: ), and, well, another AWFUL PF tracks :wink:
like Several Species half speed mix, one third speed mix, two fifths speed mix, and Several Species hip hop remix and Several Species 80s remix w/analog drum machine, Fairlight and "insert a really bad 80s pop band" (EDIT:"insert ANY 80s pop band") as guest artists!
Fabi Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Fabi Floyd »

Oh well, let's start, the new compilation of Pink Floyd:

1. A new machine 1 and 2 (the best was Terminal Frost between the two songs)

2. Seamus (better the Pompeij version)

3. Take up thy statoskope and walk (it was very hard too hear for me, I'm 13 and heard that song on one LP from my father)

4. Pigs on the wing (The long version, with that horrible guitar solo quite too long)

5. Bike (not soooo bad)

6. Take it back (it sounds like U2)

7. One slip (hmm...nothing to say about this)

8. Don't leave me now, Vera, Bring the boys back home, The show must go on and all these little songs from The Wall (except Thin Eyes, that was good)

9. Wearing the inside out (just listen to Ricks voice and run away)

If is a wonderful song ------ the best that Roger wrote before Dark side of the moon I think.
Corporal Clegg is funny. Well, it isn't very good and I would run away if Pink Floyd would play it live, but I think it's funny.
Paranoid eyes is very wonderful too.
A great day for freedom is [the same like before] :-)

P.S.
On the soundtrack from Mission:Impossible 2 the Foo Fighters and Brian May are covering Have a cigar. It's very hard...a little bit too hard for me.

P.P.S.
My sampler for hell:
1. Shine on you crazy diamond (All parts, of course)
2. Time
3. Brain damage/Eclipse (ok...maybe two songs)
4. Echoes (the long version)
5. Comfortably numb
6. The thin ice
7. Another brick in the wall
8. Wish you were here
9. On the turning away
10. Sorrow
11. High hopes
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Fabi Floyd wrote:Oh well, let's start, the new compilation of Pink Floyd:
I must take issue with some of your selections.

1. Seamus... well lets just say I have an affinity to the song :)

2. Pigs on the Wing - Thats like taking the intro and conclusion out of a book.

3. Bike - Can anyone really dislike a song about a bike, a cloke, and a mouse? :)

4. The little songs from The Wall - as much as they are not works of art unto themselves, without them, The Wall would seriously be lacking. IMO

I have a hard time dissing any Floyd tune because, although not all the same quality, they all are part of the journey that gave us their best and greatest songs along the way. IMHO of course.
LuPlez22
Embryo
Embryo

worst songs

Post by LuPlez22 »

i think one of the worst songs is DOGS OF WAR from Momentary...
just not that pleasing to the ear...plus it sounds like they forced it to meet the song cap for the album...

what do you guys think......
Stilgar
Knife
Knife

Post by Stilgar »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:
Stilgar wrote:Well, it should include Dogs of War too, and a bonus track of it played backwards!! (it's REALLY FUNNY!! :lol: ), and, well, another AWFUL PF tracks :wink:
like Several Species half speed mix, one third speed mix, two fifths speed mix, and Several Species hip hop remix and Several Species 80s remix w/analog drum machine, Fairlight and "insert a really bad 80s pop band" (EDIT:"insert ANY 80s pop band") as guest artists!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I guess we'll need another CD for the remixes, something like a 'bonus CD'... with the 80s remixes, trance remixes, backward songs and the 80s bands KILLING the worst songs of PF :lol:

Fabi Floyd wrote:Oh well, let's start, the new compilation of Pink Floyd:...

Hmm, I agree on including 'A New Machine' Pts 1 and 2, Take up thy statoskope and walk, Take it Back (very poppy, but hey!!, I like U2!!... it's not like: "Even Better than the Take it baaack... someday!!! :lol: :? ), and One Slip.

The extended version of Pigs on the Wing is not that bad, but yes, the solo is boring (and, of course, it wasn't played by Dave :wink: )

Seamus is funny, IMO, and Bike is funny too.

Hmm... the little Wall songs are boring and seem useless outside the concept of the album, BUT without them, The Wall would be LEAST understandable, they help to make the story coherent, IMO.

Wearing the Inside Out... well, yes... hmm, it's boring, but I like the solo at the end... and I've heard some people who finds so 'sexy' the sax solo at the beginning (yes, it had been helpful some times :wink: :oops: , so, it won't be on my compilation of 'Worst of'... yet...)
nicolaz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nicolaz »

Why isn't nobody mentioning "Wearing the inside out"??
That's really bad.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

nicolaz wrote:Why isn't nobody mentioning "Wearing the inside out"??
That's really bad.
I like WTIO...
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

I really think most all of the songs Dave wrote after Roger left are pretty terrible.

Just my humble opinion ofcourse.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Stilgar wrote:
Flame-Sky Diver wrote: like Several Species half speed mix, one third speed mix, two fifths speed mix, and Several Species hip hop remix and Several Species 80s remix w/analog drum machine, Fairlight and "insert a really bad 80s pop band" (EDIT:"insert ANY 80s pop band") as guest artists!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I guess we'll need another CD for the remixes, something like a 'bonus CD'... with the 80s remixes, trance remixes, backward songs and the 80s bands KILLING the worst songs of PF :lol:

Two more tracks:
"Interstellar Overdrive" 70s disco flavoured remix single edit
"The Scarecrow" performed by some Death Metal band