Worst Floyd songs

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Damn, i forgot to say, one of the worst floyd songs that i've never mentioned up until now (or have i?) is the song San Tropez. What a mess that song was, how did Roger make the jump from that to DSOTM? It was poorly written and everything about it was average at best.

This is just to keep the original topic alive by the way.
doctorb
Embryo
Embryo

Post by doctorb »

ok, I'm going to get slammed for this :), but I love this song!

my vote for worst song, It Would Be So Nice.

and the dog one, Seamus... (but we only get one vote, right?)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Oh yeah, looking back upon the top 10 worst songs list (most slagged and nominated songs) here's what we have:

1) The New Machine
2) The New Machine part 2
3) Corporal Clegg
4) A Spanish Piece
5) Seamus
6) Scream Thy Last scream

there's 4 places left people, nominate your bad songs and carry on this dumbing down debate.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

there's 4 places left people, nominate your bad songs and carry on this dumbing down debate.
Dogs of War
Take It Back
A Great Day For Freedom
Lost For Words (Ultimate filler material) or else all of Ummagumma (Studio)
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

How about
1. It Would Be So Nice
2. Nick's song on UMMAGUMMA
3. Dogs of War
4. Several Species.......
5. See Saw

A special mention must go to Run Like Hell (The Potsdammer Mix)
Last edited by dgsyd1 on Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

I've added it would be so nice and dog's of war for being the first 2 on the lists. What was it would be so nice anyway? I've never heard it.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I don't suppose I could nominate "Scream Thy Last Scream" to be taken off the list, it's a bloody good song. I know it's the only Pink Floyd song to feature a lead vocal from Nick Mason, but don't hold that against it. You could always ignore that and listen to the backing 'gnome' vocal instead :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:I've added it would be so nice and...
You people disgust me! :lol: It would be so nice is a classic. If you haven't heard it, you should
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

K, scream thy last scream is removed from the list, and it would be so nice, was that the first single after all the syd songs and sang by rick? If my choronology is right it is and that has been slagged off very often in books and magazine e.t.c so it stays
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Ummagumma

Post by Stiggs »

I dunno I happen to like Grantchester Meadows from Ummagumma (studio side). Very peaceful. Sysyphus is....boring. SSOSFAGTIACGWAP is...interesting to say the least but I can understand completely why it would irritate the living bejesus out of people. A Narrow Way is okay I guess, nothing really special, but that last song (Forget the title right now) I like, I find it rather comical to listen to whenever "under the influence" but otherwise it's just okay.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Young Lust, Aaarrhhh.
The Grand Vizier's Garden Party
See Emily play

I actually like Bike, no offence though.
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

The trial (bloody bothersome bogstandard blather!)
Seamus (AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!)
The dogs of war (need to be put down!)
Corporal Clegg [color=orange]Edit[/color]

I really find the above quite an irritating bunch :lol:

[color=orange]I gather you're a red dwarf fan, but that word actually is a scientific term for something far to nasty to be written baout on this site :D - David[/color]
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Looking at the lists people have posted it would appear that I possibly have the worst taste in Pink Floyd music!

I absolutely adore 'Corporal Clegg' (I cant believe anyone took this seriously enough to consider it bad!!), its great fun, so is Bike. ''On The Run'' has to be one of the first real pieces of electronic music (Dr. Who and Popcorn aside) which often comes in handy for shutting up boasting Kraftwerk fans :D but i guess Im just a sucker for electronic music. 'Dont Leave Me Now' is another fave of mine, I love the way Waters simple vocal part sets up for Daves even simpler but ultimately moving 'Oooh babe' vocal (possibly the best 'Oooh babe' vocal on the Wall!), complemented superbly by the simple guitar riff that accompanies it. However, I do find it completely impossible to defend 'New Machine', 'Dogs of War' and especially 'Terminal Frost'! One that tends to grate me tho is 'Money', probably a slight case of overbombing but every time I hear that cash register start up I just think 'Oh here we go again' and skip it, probably got killed off for me by the over extended live versions that just seemed to go on and on and on and............
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Grantchester Meadows is a great song, although unoriginal. Reminds us too much to L Cohen !
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

i dont know if its the worst song, but i dont like Take it back at all....its too pop! way pop!