General discussion about Pink Floyd.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I have soiled your mind Seamus
opps
I had a dream that i found out Roger Waters was gay. :cry:
I also had a dream I was dating Roger and my mom found out and she and her hubby were not happy.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

seamusz wrote:I had the first PF dream of my entire life last night...
Well, seamusz, fill us in!

I had a PF-related dream last night: I was staring at a man. He was literally a visual hybrid of Stan (my husband) and Roger Waters circa the early 70s. He was gorgeous, and I was touching his face and telling him he was beautiful. He kept saying he wasn't, but I was trying to convince him that he was.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I had a dream receintly that I had an urge to listen to Pink Floyd again, I got up and went down stairs, went into the living room, looked at all my pink floyd cd's, lost interest and went back to bed.

I had another PF related dream a couple of years ago and it was about the Arnold Lane 7" single I had receintly picked up. In the dream I put the disc on the record player and started to play it but a different track was playing. I re-started the disc and the same thing happened. I kept trying and eventually AL started to play. Puzzled by this I looked at the disc and noticed that instead of just one spiral groove there were two and one of the grooves played AL and the other played the uknown track
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

drafsack wrote:I looked at the disc and noticed that instead of just one spiral groove there were two and one of the grooves played AL and the other played the uknown track
Oh, wow, that is cool! Do you know if records were ever manufactured that way, or did you just invent something you should've pattented back in the vinyl age? :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I expect it had been tried at sometime, the only problem I can see about it is, if the record jumped you may start with one track and finish with another. I also once had a 7" by Sweet called "love is like oxygen" and the run off grove linked back into itself so the last bar of the track played on and on untill you took the needle off.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Back in the 1970's Mad Magazine would regularly release "Super Specials," which were anothology's of the best of previous years. Sometimes they would group the pieces according to subject matter or what have you.

One issue contained a cardboard record attached to the middle of the magazine. Those of you who grew up in the 1970's might remember these cardboard records that sometimes came on the back of cereal boxes and the like.

The song on this Mad Magazine record was called "Super Spectacular Day" and the record featured SEVEN different final verses.

So...not to discourage anyone, but, yeah...it's been done before.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

mosespa wrote:Those of you who grew up in the 1970's might remember these cardboard records that sometimes came on the back of cereal boxes and the like.
I remember those. I remember one time my parents bought some breakfast cereal and it came with a cardboard Jackson Five single. They derided it as usual, and threw the box away. I'm kind of glad, really.

Actually my first ever Pink Floyd-related dream was that I found a vinyl flexidisc of old pre-Piper bluesy stuff at a yard sale. I had it about a year ago.

Anyone remember Trouser Press and their flexidiscs?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

mosespa wrote:Back in the 1970's Mad Magazine would regularly release "Super Specials," which were anothology's of the best of previous years. Sometimes they would group the pieces according to subject matter or what have you.

One issue contained a cardboard record attached to the middle of the magazine. Those of you who grew up in the 1970's might remember these cardboard records that sometimes came on the back of cereal boxes and the like.

The song on this Mad Magazine record was called "Super Spectacular Day" and the record featured SEVEN different final verses.

So...not to discourage anyone, but, yeah...it's been done before.
Mad magazine was great. I remember an issue with a cartoon showing a girl with big breasts and my dad taking the magazine frome me. That was really pushing the envelope in the mid-70's. Of course if it was National Geographic that would be fine.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I once had a dream I found a bunch of old Pink Floyd pictures
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Post by seamusz »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:Well, seamusz, fill us in!
I don't remember much exept that RW was puting a new floyd record out and I was invited to join. We worked on some lyrics and he said that they would work and that we would come up with a concept later. We were also builing a big cardboard castle, then my dream moved on. Pretty weird, I usually don't remember my dreams at all.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

and I was his older gf? right.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

no, I was his oldest girl friend!
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

so he was gay in your dream
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

I had a dream that Roger and I were at a fair and we went on a ride and we were doing bad stuff. Then someone asks if I was his kid I day I am his wife.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I had a dream last night that these scientists were doing some type of special testing in space. Cloning humans, and something with the gravity doesnt affect a certain chemical... anyway it makes you live longer, and I was a test subject and I remember seeing David, Nick, and Rick. Or atleast they were there. Roger, funny wasnt. I was sad about that. Maybe they were just there because I saw a picture or something while I was drugged in space. And hallucinated the whole thing in my dream within a dream.