Depends on who's rapping...
29%
Depends on my mood...
6%

Total votes: 124

David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I don't like rap, though i have to say i do respect the men that do it, it must take a lot of talent to do a rap gig and manage to come up with so many witty one liners in your lyrics

Weird thing is, rap produtions getting closer to rock production now (e.g almost every mainstream rap song) so eventually this could lead to a disband in rap :D
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I think rap is crap.
Like i said crap is better.
x-rays
Axe
Axe

Post by x-rays »

Libby74D wrote: they all hate Pink Floyd :cry:
How lucky you are! My friends don't even KNOW Pink Floyd.

Rap... don't know it! Never listened to such a music... I don't feel like now... make me think of bad things... violence and so on... maybe one day? I've heard a rapper (don't remember his name of course!) saying on TV that rock and rap were two very different powers. But this musician talked about Pink Floyd! It's a shame that I can't remember his name...[/quote]
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Rap is great sometimes. Unfortunately the real good rap is not known too well because its in spanish or french.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Some of the old school rap is interesting but the stuff these days has too much of a stupid attitude to it. Black men throwing wads of money at each other isn't my scene. They do do that don't they? :lol:
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

Can 'One Night in Bangkok' be classed as rap?

I like that song :p

although, probably only for its gimmick value... mm Musical Chess.

ooh and Walk This Way :lol:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Keith Jordan wrote:Some of the old school rap is interesting but the stuff these days has too much of a stupid attitude to it. Black men throwing wads of money at each other isn't my scene. They do do that don't they? :lol:
That's just the mainstream crap that nobody should listen to, the same goes for almost ALL mainstream music nowadays. If you think ALL rap is crap, check out some of the acts I mentioned, especially D?lek.

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... yvad3ku8wo
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote:Some of the old school rap is interesting but the stuff these days has too much of a stupid attitude to it. Black men throwing wads of money at each other isn't my scene. They do do that don't they? :lol:

Indeed...it's gotten so bad that one can say that rap is now as cliched as country music.

All you have to rap about is killing someone, getting a record deal, making a lot of money and insult women.

What do you get if you play a rap song backwards?

You have a whole new respect for women, but you're broke and unknown and every one of your enemies comes back to life.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

mosespa wrote:
Indeed...it's gotten so bad that one can say that rap is now as cliched as country music.

All you have to rap about is killing someone, getting a record deal, making a lot of money and insult women.
Does anyone here read my posts? :lol:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

I like NWA, some public enemy, and the beastie boys. some 80s rap is pretty good
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Gotta love Raper's Delight by The Sugarhill Gang
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

DoNt LiKe It :?
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

i have NO appreciation what-so-ever for rap. it's meaningless, pointless, unintelligent, and should not be considered "music". it's basically some loser stepping up on stage with a mic, they start up the drum machine and away we go. rap stands for nothing except bling-bling, , and hoes. it has no purpose, no meaning. well, no purpose except to make money off you poor schlums who buy it. they don't even use real instruments for christ's sake! it's just an unintelligent garble of words thrown to a beat. :evil:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Fine, ignore my posts, see if I care! :roll: :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

skewed perception wrote:i have NO appreciation what-so-ever for rap. it's meaningless, pointless, unintelligent, and should not be considered "music". it's basically some loser stepping up on stage with a mic, they start up the drum machine and away we go. rap stands for nothing except bling-bling, , and hoes. it has no purpose, no meaning. well, no purpose except to make money off you poor schlums who buy it. they don't even use real instruments for christ's sake! it's just an unintelligent garble of words thrown to a beat. :evil:
You have obviously never heard the music or read the lyrics of rap/hip hop people/bands like Orishas, MC Solaar, Molotov or Delinquent Habits or some other Rappers. Very meaningfull and intelligent lyrics, lots of purpose, lots of meaning, and yes, some of them use real instuments on stage.