29%
Depends on my mood...
6%

Total votes: 124

Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

Yeah really to say that all rap is crap means that you haven't listened to all the rap that's out there. There is some stuff that I have where I turned "nigger haters" into rap likers. They don't like all of rap, and neither do I. Good rap is like a diamond in the rough, you have to search to find it. Sift through the bling bling. Sift through the b*tches, blunts and hoes. Who cares about how much you can drink or smoke? If that's all that you can rap about, then you're totally unoriginal. That's rap these days, different voices saying the same things. Rap nowadays is meant to be played in clubs, but damn, stop playing it so much! The hip hop industry either fails to realize or doesn't want to realize that they're oversaturating the market with their product. Remember how long Vanilla Ice's career was? He was so original that people just couldn't get enough of him. I think his fame was a little under a year. One CD, one hit song, then by mistake Ice Ice Baby got played and then BOOM Vanilla Ice was everywhere. Vanilla was so overexposed that people got tired of him quickly. I mean how many people have a cd that they only listen to because they don't wanna listen to it too much cuz they don't wanna get tired of it? Rappers these days are so in your face and selfish that they have to get all the air play they possibly can so they can make the most money (Sean Paul and Rocawear also come to mind) but really they're ust trying to keep themselves afloat. Yeah some of them have been in the game for years, but that's cuz they're smart enough not to put out too much material. A Tribe Called Quest, Bone Thugs N Harmony, and Tupac all have more originality than every rapper who ever released a cd combined could ever have. Tupac was a freakin genious at what he did. A Tribe Called Quest I feel are the quintessential rappers...great beats, a point to their lyrics, and most of all they never let their success get to their head. But nobody has a sound like Bone Thugs N Harmony....5, then 4, now 3 rappers who rap, but actually sing. If you've heard Crossroads (which I'm more than sure you have, I think that song tied some sort of all time record that the Beatles had) you'd know what I'm talking about. If none of you have ever listened to ATCQ, BTNH, or Tupac, you really should. But please keep an open mind about music...just because the majority is crap doesn't mean that EVERYthing is crap.

I gotta stop typin so much

PS - I know I used the N word before...I'm not a black person hater, I'm really not. But the "N H" term is what the person I know uses. I was so happy that I got them into rap. All it took was for them to actually listen and stop being a prick for 3 minutes. You'd be surprised at what you can learn if you open the door to your mind...or at least get a shovel to move all the sh*t out.
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

I don't usually like rap, or hip-hop, specially the kind we can listen to today. The first rap acts at least had something interesting about them, and it was kind of a novelty....but they've pushed it too much. No fun anymore, not interesting, I get bored to tears........except for the Beastie Boys, I dunno why. I even have a BB album, which is plain weird coming from me, so there's gotta be something there...
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Rap and country music are polar opposites that most people either love or hate. I happen to hate both of them. Of course, I like a few rap and country songs. But they are extremely few and far between (Ex. A number of Eminem's songs; Crossroads is a decent song; I Swear by John Michael Montgomery; A number of old country songs).
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Maybe Dave and the boys will do rap on the next album.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

madcap69 wrote:Maybe Dave and the boys will do rap on the next album.
:lol:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

like rolling stones?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Stupidus wrote:
like rolling stones?
Tom Jones just did a rap album :lol:
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Prkl wrote:Fine, ignore my posts, see if I care! :roll: :lol:
Dude, I have had my post ignored so many times it is not even funny anymore!
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

Yucateco wrote: You have obviously never heard the music or read the lyrics of rap/hip hop people/bands like Orishas, MC Solaar, Molotov or Delinquent Habits or some other Rappers. Very meaningfull and intelligent lyrics, lots of purpose, lots of meaning, and yes, some of them use real instuments on stage.
no, i've never heard any of them , but the vast majority of mainstream rap is like that. i can't say i've heard a song from a mainstream rappper that talks about anything other than their b*tches, gold teeth, cadillacs, and .
Tinkerbell
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tinkerbell »

Well, Molotov's themes are a bit different from that, but I still think they whine about stuff that even they don't care about...
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Gonzo wrote:
Prkl wrote:Fine, ignore my posts, see if I care! :roll: :lol:
Dude, I have had my post ignored so many times it is not even funny anymore!
Happens to the best of us. You jump in where you think you fit in the flow, and someone jumps one or two posts before you and you've been bumped.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I like some old school rap. Not really any of this new stuff.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Meddler wrote:I like some old school rap. Not really any of this new stuff.
I miss good time rap, now it's all just ghetto rap
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

:!: IT IS NOT! :!:

:twisted:
Stiggs
Knife
Knife

Post by Stiggs »

I just happened to find this out an hour before it happened...The Sugarhill Gang was performing at a club a half hour south of me. NO KIDDING! I made a couple phone calls, and it was true! I went there, and lo and behold, there they were! But....old! They're really old! Big Hank is still damn big, the rest of the gang looked the same, just a lil more wrinkly. One of them (name eludes me) got his teeth replaced with silver, or platinum, something like that (why rappers do crap like this I don't understand...I mean yeah Bling Bling! but come on this stuff actually hinders your rapping performance). Still was a great performance, up until this one point when....SNOOP DOGGY DOGG comes out on stage with Sugarhill Gang! HOLY SCHNEIKIES (tommy boy?) snoop dogg is here!

All in all, it was a great night! This took place sunday, I forgot to post this. If ya don't like rap, go to a rap show with an open mind, and a desire to dance. It'll teach ya a thing or two.