Bike
6%
Other
31%

Total votes: 103

Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Your least favourite Pink Floyd song?

Post by Hogtown »

malusienka, I doubt he actually thinks that, but it does happen among fans.

My favorites are live songs from 1968-1972, rather than any album...and I'm only 38.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Malusienka, I happen to be one of those people that like some stuff from Amlor and DB.
I dont thinkthese albums are SO bad, they are simply not that good or representative as earlyer Floyd work.
And thats a fact. I became a fan when Amlor was released. I saw their DB tour. I'm one of the Floyd fans that think that
their entire carreer was really great in general, some parts magnificent, some parts litlle less so.
And I'm certainly not one of the Roger or David camp types of assholes that loom around the forums.
You are not a freak for liking DB.
After all, music is a very personal thing, so judging people for what they like is idiotism.

I think it's time you lift your shirt for the lads now.
:-; :lol:
flosyd
Axe
Axe

Post by flosyd »

Dogs of war=9 votes???
Faint
Blade
Blade

Post by Faint »

I voted for money, but it's not worst song... The solo riffs in Money is awesome, but lyrics... maybe worst lyrics.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

I dont know from where did you two come from...

Money is bad and Dogs of war is ok?
What. The. Fuck. ?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I'm curious about how anyone can not say A New Machine...
malusienka
Knife
Knife

Post by malusienka »

A new machine is obviously worst than Dogs of war! When I had mood to listen this song, it's not so bad in fact. But doesn't matter how I'm not able to listen to new machine :lol:

About Money - it's maybe a little bit overrated, but I don't know why anybody could call it the worst song, when there are so many other songs around us :lol:
Faint
Blade
Blade

Post by Faint »

malusienka wrote:I don't know why anybody could call MONEY the worst song, when there are so many other songs around us :lol:
Good one :!:

but overratism simply making me angry, maybe that's why I called Money - worst Song. (lyrics I really don't like)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Don't Leave me Now is one of my least fav floyd songs Roger is too whiney on it :-({|=
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

azza200 wrote:Don't Leave me Now is one of my least fav floyd songs Roger is too whiney on it :-({|=
I like that song! Davids guitar is just wonderful on it! :)
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Listening to a Pink Floyd internet radio station where people can do requests, I get a bit annoyed by hearing the following numbers over and over again:

- Welcome to the Machine.
Why is this number requested so often? Who does it? Maybe some office people who are bored with their job? This number sounds like one big cry baby complaint. And what's the problem? What is the crying about? About the record industry? I'd rather listen to Barrett's 'Dark Globe', which does convince me.

- Dogs
Gilmour sings like he has no idea what he is singing about. Terribly uninspired. "Got to able to pick out the easy meat with your... EYES CLOSED." No surprise that Waters took over in later years. And that he takes over in this song. Just hear the difference between Gilmour at the beginning and Waters singing the part "got to a admit that I'm a little bit confused". Waters sounds convincing. If only a version could be released in which Waters sings all parts of the song.

Rarely requested:

- Dogs of War
Gilmours sings like an old hippotamus. Another song which Waters would have sang better.

Well, enough negativity from a little man named Grumble Grumble. :P
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I like all the songs in that poll, I will stick my neck out and confess my love for "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast".
So I voted other. If you can defend the song I chose then go ahead. This I have to see!

"Quicksilver" from More. 7 minutes 13 seconds of my life I'll never get back!
I can handle experimental stuff. But this? I've heard people describe Pink Floyd as "It's just noise?" before, but they've got a point with this one!
There's no dynamic to it. Unless you count "It gets louder" as the dynamic? Dogs Of War, A New Machine etc all seems like the greatest tracks of all time compared to Quicksilver. There is another experimental track on More, but at least that's shorter?
Shame really, More is a great album... and it's even better if you skip this track!
Still, what didn't break the band up only made them stronger etc...
TheLazenby
Knife
Knife

Post by TheLazenby »

No, I agree, "Quicksilver" really is a waste of seven minutes.

But come on - as cool as the 'melodic rumbles' part may be, isn't "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party" the worst? The beginning and end are played by Nick's bloody wife, and the middle is just random drums and tape splices!
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

TheLazenby wrote:No, I agree, "Quicksilver" really is a waste of seven minutes.

But come on - as cool as the 'melodic rumbles' part may be, isn't "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party" the worst? The beginning and end are played by Nick's bloody wife, and the middle is just random drums and tape splices!
True, but it contains at least 10% more tunefulness than "Quicksilver".
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

PublicImage wrote:
Steph22 wrote:Gasp!! I love that song!
There are some that have not been mentioned, such as A Saucerful of Secrets. I cannot bring myself to listen to that drivel. At least Alan's is a real song, not someone (even if it is David and Co.), banging away at a keyboard, literally.
Corporal Clegg and Matilda Mother are bad too.
A Saucerful of Secrets is one of the best things Pink Floyd ever did, especially the Pompeii version.

I wrote this awhile ago as you can see, and now that I've gotten into more live Floyd I can honestly say that Saucerful has grown on me. I guess I didn't have the patience for it, but live it is awesome, especially Celestial Voices.

However I stand by Corporal Clegg and Matilda Mother as being pretty horrible.