Great Gig in the Sky pitch change

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Great Gig in the Sky pitch change

Post by Hudini »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:What with all those blokes talking in the background its not a very well made album really is it.
I believe that they used improperly erased tapes. Cheap bastards.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:What with all those blokes talking in the background its not a very well made album really is it.
I thought those voices were only in my head. That's why I never talked about them, in fear of being taken away. :)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

TheFloydian1 wrote:
sashwap wrote:also, did anyone notice what sounds like alarm clocks going off right before "time" kicks in? i've never been able to explain this satisfactorily.
Umm...that's meant to be like that. The clocks start ticking right before "Time" begins. When it does begin, the clocks start ringing. Sort of a "segueing" thing, though not necessarily.

Oh right! I also thought it was a mistake on the tape. I mean, the first few times I listened to DSOTM I didn't notice them. It is definitely one of the more subtle nuances on that album, all the loud ringing and ticking clocks. Oh, and it is a metaphore for time, as in the song Time? Thanks for that, I had totally overlooked that.

In other news, traces of Ursine fecal matter detected in forested areas....
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

my breakfast. wrote:Oh, and it is a metaphore for time, as in the song Time? Thanks for that, I had totally overlooked that.
That's only an interpretation. It's not a hard fact, like the entire album being composed as the soundtrack for 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Wolfpack wrote:
I thought those voices were only in my head. That's why I never talked about them, in fear of being taken away. :)
What voices????
I only said that about the blokes talking as a joke!
Beowulf
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Beowulf »

my breakfast. wrote:In other news, traces of Ursine fecal matter detected in forested areas....
Great come-back. I'll be stealing that one and passing it off as my own before long I expect