A new David Gilmour album?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Re: A new David Gilmour album?

Post by Duckboy »

JackRegan wrote:
Hudini wrote:Well if you actually think your opinion is universally authoritative then so be it, o mighty omniscient one. Go ahead and teach us all. :roll:
So you are right then, not me? Waters fans ain't whole Pink Floyd world.
He didn't say he was right. He said your opinion held no authority and even if it did it's a subjective matter. He said this meaning an argument shouldn't be started about who was better gilmour or waters. I am sure that's all that was meant.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Thank you, Duckie. :D
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Hudini wrote:Thank you, Duckie. :D
You're very welcome. =]
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

No thanks to Baal
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

JackRegan wrote:No thanks to Baal
????
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

Duckboy wrote:
JackRegan wrote:No thanks to Baal
????
Old Rainbow/Dio "joke"....
During the recording of 'Long Live Rock & Roll' they rose (from where did it rise?) an evil spirit named Baal that carried out all manner of supernatural activities,including pushing Wendy Dio down the stairs
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I believe this is called "trolling".
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

Some people just don't give David Gilmour the credit he deserves. His input into the Pink Floyd albums he was involved with could be heard, and felt. No he's not a lyrist, but a great musician who I've enjoyed listening to for over 40 years.
I'm looking forward to any thing He decides to put out.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not putting Roger Waters down. I just don't have time for all the "Pink Floyd snobs" that like to belittle David Gilmour, who's talent is undeniable.
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

Creek wrote:Some people just don't give David Gilmour the credit he deserves. His input into the Pink Floyd albums he was involved with could be heard, and felt. No he's not a lyrist, but a great musician who I've enjoyed listening to for over 40 years.
I'm looking forward to any thing He decides to put out.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not putting Roger Waters down. I just don't have time for all the "Pink Floyd snobs" that like to belittle David Gilmour, who's talent is undeniable.
I agree with that. Without all of them, PF would not be PF.

They complement each other (if my English is correct).
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

kellylily wrote:

Your English is correct, and you make a valid comment. When Roger and David found away to work together, they produced some great music. It is a shame that they couldn't find away to get along with each other, the results well, I believe would have been outstanding.
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kellylily »

Creek wrote:
kellylily wrote:

Your English is correct, and you make a valid comment. When Roger and David found a way to work together, they produced some great music. It is a shame that they couldn't find a way to get along with each other, the results well, I believe would have been outstanding.
Thank you! Sometimes British language is so close to French that I'm aware of what we call "False Friends", same words but the meaning is different! I fell into this trap so many times that I became red!!! Maybe I should post something about it :lol: :lol:

Anyway, it's my opinion but also, I think all bands are the same. What would they be without the other members? Would PF be different without DG? Oh YES!!! But what happened when Roger left? Some people don't like the TDB, it's different, I think it's more positive, not that I undersand the lyrics that much. But because Roger's not here anymore, they criticise DG saying it's not PF! It's so dumb!
By the way, you are all lucky to understand everything, but us (French, bad in English) listen to the music more than the lyrics! Even if the lyrics are not that hard to understand, I know that in Money there's some expressions I just don't understand. My feeling is that DB without Roger is more positive. Roger had a lot of issues in his life. That's maybe why it was sometimes so depressive (some songs). Some of them make me sad and cry, plus imaging the weather in England... Forget it... So it's my feeling that TDB has more positive music, like a new begining. Maybe it's because he started a new life with Polly.
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

I think the TDB is a great Pink Floyd album, I listen to it often. I know a lot of hardcore Pink Floyd fans don't recognize TDB and AMLOR as true Pink Floyd Albums. I just have to agree to disagree with them, Roger Waters made his choice and stood by it. He has put out some good music in his solo albums, that I all so listen to. I wish him well his current tour, I wish it was coming closer to where I live so I could go see the concert.
Hopefully David Gilmour will come out with something new, I feel he has it in him.
I must say kellylily, your English is fine you are getting your points across. I'm from America, I wouldn't say that I speak or write proper Queen's English, but that doesn't stop me from speaking out. 8)
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kellylily »

Creek wrote:I think the TDB is a great Pink Floyd album, I listen to it often. I know a lot of hardcore Pink Floyd fans don't recognize TDB and AMLOR as true Pink Floyd Albums. I just have to agree to disagree with them, Roger Waters made his choice and stood by it. He has put out some good music in his solo albums, that I all so listen to. I wish him well his current tour, I wish it was coming closer to where I live so I could go see the concert.
Hopefully David Gilmour will come out with something new, I feel he has it in him.
I must say kellylily, your English is fine you are getting your points across. I'm from America, I wouldn't say that I speak or write proper Queen's English, but that doesn't stop me from speaking out. 8)
Thank you Creek. By the way, never met an American speaking a proper English. You all say : I'm done, which is sooo incorrect!!!

I lived in the US for a year when 17, made a few mistakes which got me a little ashamed :lol: We learn Brittish in France and I know few Americans using the Present Perfect (I have been is the conjugation). I'm still learning English even if I'm 48!

I understand American accent better than the English one though :(
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

Post by floydcrimsonelp »

He stated in an interview from August 2008 that he would do another record again but I'm worried that after September 2008 he may have had second thoughts. What do you guys think? Should we be concerned about that? 8-[
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

He'll make another one.