Will David Gilmour ever do a tour of Australia?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Will David Gilmour ever do a tour of Australia?

Post by my breakfast. »

Lets ask him! <ii>
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

my breakfast. wrote:Lets ask him! <ii>
Go ahead then! Write him, call him and ask him! :D
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Write him. A phrase that's uniquely American.....
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

snifferdog wrote:Write him. A phrase that's uniquely American.....
What do you mean? You would say write to him?

Well I'm French but learned Brittish and practiced in the US... And I was kind of shocked sometimes... :shock:
stryder
Axe
Axe

Post by stryder »

Unless he releases a new album, I think it's unlikely that he'll do a tour down there.
Flozzie
Axe
Axe

Post by Flozzie »

Understandable as it is that Dave doesn't want to tour.

But it would be great if he did do another album or two and just see him do a small touring stint in England so he can record the concerts in hi-def blu-ray.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

I'd be surprised if he does anything more than the occasional special event in the UK.
omnicron
Knife
Knife
Location: Chasing after falling stars and forever "On the Run"

Post by omnicron »

fatoldbob wrote:I'd be surprised if he does anything more than the occasional special event in the UK.
I agree. I dont think he will came back to the USA, let alone Australia.
Sucks he didnt want to tour the wall with Roger...
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

Post by floydcrimsonelp »

kellylily wrote:
patsyfloyd wrote::? I saw him in the early 80's at the Hammersmith Odeon when I was visiting the UK - as well as in other Floyd concerts. He was AMAZING! I am turning blue holding my breath for his Aussie tour!!! Can someone give him a nudge to come down here please!
He said in an interview he had retired and worked enough. He wants to enjoy his family and see his kids grow, which he didn't with Ginger and his four children because he was young and ambitious and his career was his priority (the facts show it). It ended up the way it ended up. Poor Ginger...
At last he understood and doesn't want to do the same thing again.

Besides going to Australia is far, and he's 66! Quite old for a tour unless it's in Europe, no jet lag. And Australia means to catch up with the opposite season.

If there's was a special kit to remove 20 years in someone's life, that'd help :D
Where did you hear that? What interview??? When did he say it??? He's 64. Waters is 66 going on 67. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOU HEARD THAT!! I'm from America does that mean he won't tour the states anymore? :((((((
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

kellylily wrote:
patsyfloyd wrote::? I saw him in the early 80's at the Hammersmith Odeon when I was visiting the UK - as well as in other Floyd concerts. He was AMAZING! I am turning blue holding my breath for his Aussie tour!!! Can someone give him a nudge to come down here please!
He said in an interview he had retired and worked enough. He wants to enjoy his family and see his kids grow, which he didn't with Ginger and his four children because he was young and ambitious and his career was his priority (the facts show it). It ended up the way it ended up. Poor Ginger...

Besides going to Australia is far, and he's 66! Quite old for a tour unless it's in Europe, no jet lag. And Australia means to catch up with the opposite season.

If there's was a special kit to remove 20 years in someone's life, that'd help :D
I searched all over the Internet for that. I searched "david gilmour retired" and did not find any quotes from him talking about an absolute retirement. I looked up an article from Feb. 2009 and he said nothing about retirement. All he said was that he had a lot of leftover material and didn't have any plans yet. He said he would do another album before too long. Also, he's 64. You may have misunderstood what he was trying to say.
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

According to Guy Pratt, he's just taking a break from touring.
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

kellylily wrote:

Sorry man but until I see an exact quote from him saying that he has retired without a doubt I will not believe that. Searched all over the Internet and only found that he is just taking a break from touring because of Rick's death and he will not make us wait another 22 years for the next album. He wants to have another out before too long. That interview was from Feb. 2009.