Re: Pink Floyd night

Post by spectrum one »

Wow!! Fantastic footage of Cymbaline & Grantchester Meadows [-D-]
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Curse you telebank and your TV meter! It cut out and switched off after the Arnold Layne video.
Oh well, at least the thing is taping on Skybox, so I'll be able to watch this over and over.
It's a good night to be a Floyd fan isn't it?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

10:30pm - "A Pink Floyd Miscellany 1967-2005"

This was excellent. Some very nice quality old video. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Only the short version of Pompei - being played
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

They are a very big deal in the UK...we don't really get things like this where I live, let alone all those magazines out of the UK covering them and, oh yeah, coverage of the Gilmour clan's legal issues (Charlie in jail and the whole beach hut thing)...not that that is a bad thing...

I guess sales of their catalogue will increase the GDP in the UK... :lol:
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

Ah I forgot to watch. I don't suppose they showed the recently found See Emily Play from TOTP or someone would have mentioned it. A shame, an ideal opportunity to do so and they blew it.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Salmonberry Compendia wrote:Ah I forgot to watch. I don't suppose they showed the recently found See Emily Play from TOTP or someone would have mentioned it. A shame, an ideal opportunity to do so and they blew it.
No nothing out of the ordinary - they did play Fletcher Memorial from the final cut though
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Salmonberry Compendia wrote:Ah I forgot to watch. I don't suppose they showed the recently found See Emily Play from TOTP or someone would have mentioned it. A shame, an ideal opportunity to do so and they blew it.
I was hoping they would, especially seeing as it came from the BBC's own archives :( I do hope that we will have a chance to see it at some stage, even if the footage is in bad condition.

There wasn't anything new on the night but it was enjoyable all the same. The KQED footage looked to be of better quality than what I've seen but perhaps I don't have the best version. I'm sure better minds than me will have the answer to that one.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

nosaj wrote: and the whole beach hut thing)..:
what's David's involvent in that? I thought he'd just happend to walk by it and Polly took a pic.
rovers95
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rovers95 »

All in all, the "Pink Floyd Night" was ok - the only stuff I hadn't seen before (of decent quality) was "Cymbaline" and "Grantchester Meadows". Was great to see good quality vids of those comparative rarities.

But it does seem like a wasted opportunity in so far as there were no real unseen clips, like the "See Emily Play" performance mentioned earlier :(
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Flying pig437 wrote:
nosaj wrote: and the whole beach hut thing)..:
what's David's involvent in that? I thought he'd just happend to walk by it and Polly took a pic.
Ha, ha, he is having a variety of issues with beach huts on his island...I know you are talking about the photos from a little while back, but this is something else: http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... 21&t=22981
Ruby900
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruby900 »

rovers95 wrote:All in all, the "Pink Floyd Night" was ok - the only stuff I hadn't seen before (of decent quality) was "Cymbaline" and "Grantchester Meadows". Was great to see good quality vids of those comparative rarities.

But it does seem like a wasted opportunity in so far as there were no real unseen clips, like the "See Emily Play" performance mentioned earlier :(

I have to say that I agree with this position, but then it is in keeping with the Floyd keeping a lot of stuff from their fans. Other bands of the same era, Genesis or King Crimson are much happier releasing archive material/footage.