New David Gilmour album!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New David Gilmour album!

Post by Keith Jordan »

Perhaps they called round for a cuppa and some biscuits? :lol:
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

There was a recent tweet from David & Polly's dog (I kid you not !) saying that the cat had gone to work with David.

So either, David is leaving the house in the morning for a part time job at the local supermarket or he's noodling in the studio !

I reckon at some point in the next 12 months we'll have some exciting news.....about a new album, not a tabloid scoop on a down at luck rock hero working in Tesco's.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I know this was probably posted during the period that was lost due to the server outage, but new album CONFIRMED!
http://www.pinkfloydz.com/ wrote:Well the hints have been around for months and finally there is firm confirmation that David Gilmour is working on a new album. You will recall a couple of weeks ago we reported that David's wife Polly tweeted about "Crosby and Nash in the studio singing like birds tonight."

Well now out of the mouth of Graham Nash comes confirmation that he and David Crosby are 'singing with David Gilmour on HIS NEW RECORD'. This remark was made during an interview (12m 50s mark). Graham also confirmed that the album is being recorded at Brighton (David's house at Hove).

Also, a couple of months ago, Phil Taylor (David's guitar tech) confirmed to Effectrode that David was pleased with the Helios Fuzz pedal he bought from them and will be purchasing another one "BEFORE HE STARTS RECORDING". AFG First with the news again.
:D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Did you delete my post?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Server broke, had to restore to backup from 30th October. Sorry.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

jambo wrote:I know this was probably posted during the period that was lost due to the server outage, but new album CONFIRMED!
http://www.pinkfloydz.com/ wrote:Well the hints have been around for months and finally there is firm confirmation that David Gilmour is working on a new album. You will recall a couple of weeks ago we reported that David's wife Polly tweeted about "Crosby and Nash in the studio singing like birds tonight."

Well now out of the mouth of Graham Nash comes confirmation that he and David Crosby are 'singing with David Gilmour on HIS NEW RECORD'. This remark was made during an interview (12m 50s mark). Graham also confirmed that the album is being recorded at Brighton (David's house at Hove).

Also, a couple of months ago, Phil Taylor (David's guitar tech) confirmed to Effectrode that David was pleased with the Helios Fuzz pedal he bought from them and will be purchasing another one "BEFORE HE STARTS RECORDING". AFG First with the news again.
So...still about 10 years off from release? :roll:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

TheFloydian1 wrote:So...still about 10 years off from release? :roll:
He's giving Tool a run for their money!
3Dasha
Axe
Axe

Post by 3Dasha »

FreeFour wrote:There was a recent tweet from David & Polly's dog (I kid you not !) saying that the cat had gone to work with David.
Can't find such tweet. Could you give a link, please? There was one in April where Polly said David was recording cat meowing and cat door flapping.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Well Crosby and Nash have let slip that he's working on a new album that they'll feature in.

great news <ii>
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Apparently, nothing concrete yet.

From David's management to Floydian Slip:
Despite what Graham Nash tweeted there is nothing concrete as yet
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

This was posted on Brain Damage's Facebook page a few days ago, not sure what to make of it, or how old it is.

Durga's comments: "GUESS WHAT?? LOL!! This is me, Sarah Brown, Louise Clare Marshall, and this funny dude we found strumming a guitar in Hove. His wife Polly leaked the photo on Instagram. Naughty girl!"
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Durga's comments: "GUESS WHAT?? LOL!! This is me, Sarah Brown, Louise Clare Marshall, and this funny dude we found strumming a guitar in Hove. His wife Polly leaked the photo on Instagram. Naughty girl!"
:lol:
jambo wrote:
TheFloydian1 wrote:So...still about 10 years off from release? :roll:
He's giving Tool a run for their money!
No, Axl Rose.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

There is even a thread about this in the Pink Floyd section of this forum now: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24041
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

Could I ask how reliable A Fleeting Glimpse is? On the website it says they have official confirmation that Dave's new album will be released in May 2015.

I know they knew about the new Floyd album quite a while before it was announced, but I'm curious about their reliability.

:)