There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: There will be a new album

Post by kjek1 »

mastaflatch wrote:
kjek1 wrote:
And is Roger hiding his vocals? I know he struggles with his voice but it's odd that all he's putting out is little snippets of generic tunes, given he's supposed to be all about the lyrics
Yes, Roger is hiding his vocals. He struggles so much with his voice that he's putting out little snippets of generic tunes, carfully keeping his vocals hidden until everyone has bought the album and realize he's a croak below flu-ridden Bob Dylan. Him that is supposed to be all about the lyrics... I don't know what is going on.
Lots of his concert vocals are pre-recorded so it would make sense. Seems like a decent question, by all means carry on being a prick though
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

This album is gonna be full of pre-recorded vocals.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Hopefully it comes with free lego too, keep you all amused
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

kjek1 wrote:
Lots of his concert vocals are pre-recorded so it would make sense. Seems like a decent question, by all means carry on being a prick though

You are always so hostile and angry.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

danielcaux wrote: That's actually just how most Gilmourheads prefer to portray him in their minds, but that's far from the truth. Roger was the main songwriter in Pink Floyd, not just the lyricist and conceptualist. He actually came up with a lot of the melodies and chords for the songs.

So yeah, he does care about the music too, not just the lyrics.

Shhh...don't confuse them with facts.

The comment reception to this clips has been way, way better than The Endless River.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:And is Roger hiding his vocals? I know he struggles with his voice but it's odd that all he's putting out is little snippets of generic tunes, given he's supposed to be all about the lyrics
If the snippets so far don't have any vocals,
I'd say you have a good point here.
Where are the vocals, the lyrics?

What snippets are available now?
Please give links.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:
danielcaux wrote: That's actually just how most Gilmourheads prefer to portray him in their minds, but that's far from the truth. Roger was the main songwriter in Pink Floyd, not just the lyricist and conceptualist. He actually came up with a lot of the melodies and chords for the songs.

Shhh...don't confuse them with facts.

The comment reception to this clips has been way, way better than The Endless River.
There's no facts in there. It's generally accepted that Gilmour and Wright were responsible for their best music.

Shine on, Echoes, Comfortably numb etc. Even Roger closes his shows with Daves comfortably numb despite doing little on the performance outside of singing a few lines
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

But none of his solo songs sound close to pre 1977 PF... I mean he is supposed to have write songs like ''Money'', ''Cigar'' and ''Pigs'' alone but it's incredibly hard to believe. What would those songs be without Rick and Dave input?
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Roger is ashamed of his lyrics - that's why he's not including any in the teasers.

Roger doesn't like pizza, that's the reason we don't see him eating some in the clips.

](*,)
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

mastaflatch wrote:Roger is ashamed of his lyrics - that's why he's not including any in the teasers.

Roger doesn't like pizza, that's the reason we don't see him eating some in the clips.

](*,)
Each of your responses suggests you're taking too many blows to the head already

No wonder the forums got so little traffic with throbbers like you lot dominating it
Last edited by kjek1 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Follix wrote:

But none of his solo songs sound close to pre 1977 PF... I mean he is supposed to have write songs like ''Money'', ''Cigar'' and ''Pigs'' alone but it's incredibly hard to believe. What would those songs be without Rick and Dave input?
They don't like "facts"
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

kjek1 wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:Roger is ashamed of his lyrics - that's why he's not including any in the teasers.

](*,)
Each of your responses suggests you're taking too many blows to the head already

No wonder the forums got so little traffic with throbbers like you lot dominating it
Not so fast, son. You're the one spitting out nonsense, I'm merely highlighting it. The fact is that nobody here has heard the album yet. These little clips are carefully chosen to build up anticipation. Someone in the marketing of this album decided that instrumental passages would do the job so far and it does for me. Teasing lyrics would be maybe too revelatory, I don't know. Some poster here can't wait to hear it but you're still stuck in the pathetic and ages old stereotype of Roger vs. David demonstrated by crazy theories. THAT is fucking hurting the mood of this forum, add to that your bully-like attitude and you have the recipe for clearing the place.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Or maybe similar to film trailers it's about hiding deficiencies long enough to build anticipation. His voice clearly isn't in the best condition. I didn't say that's definitely what's going on, I questioned the possibility, that was before you chimed in with your snidey pish.

Listen, I'm quite transparent. If I encounter a snidey little throbber like you I won't dress things up, I'll tell you straight what my opinion is.

Away and cry a bit more to the mods and maybe they'll ban me. By the way I've NEVER been a regular poster so it's not me clearing the place. Maybe it's fatheads nonsense and the refusal of anyone to actually deal with it but rather dole out warnings to those who take his bait.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Go on with the name calling. You're such a badass.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I have to admire your avatar, at certainly apt