There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: There will be a new album

Post by kjek1 »

mastaflatch wrote:
Oh wow, this place is really becoming the arsehole of Floyd fandom and comments like yours, and most of kjek's and flathead's are responsible for this.

Superb contribution there.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:
kjek1 wrote: There's barley a similarity between half of those comparisons.
Do you know how to spell?
Anisina and Us and them? Do you possess any musical knowledge whatsoever? Smell the roses however is a very obvious rip off
Did you read a single review of TER? Numerous outlets made that comparison. It's a direct lift.
Yes I can thanks.

Really? I don't remember it, they're obviously clueless and you've read it, decided it suits our agenda and repeated it without really being able to see any similarity yoursef.

At least you've given up trying to pretend you're a Barrett man, you tragic individual
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

mastaflatch wrote:
Oh wow, this place is really becoming the arsehole of Floyd fandom and comments like yours, and most of kjek's and flathead's are responsible for this.
This doesn't seem fair. Comments like mine? I think the new song is weak and by expressing my feelings I have dragged the forum down into the arsehole of floyd Fandom?

Where does your comment leave us?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

To be fair he's right, the forum has a few arseholes.

They all do
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

Kerry King wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:
This doesn't seem fair. Comments like mine? I think the new song is weak and by expressing my feelings I have dragged the forum down into the arsehole of floyd Fandom?

Where does your comment leave us?
Please don't victimize yourself - you're the one that singled out a comment I've made, acting like the police of good taste and saying that appreciating Waters solo stuff is borderline "pathological".
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

This forum was more fun when more mature people who were not interested in personal attacks used to be around. Now it feels like a boring pissing contest. Please, if you don't have anything interesting to say about the music, good or bad, just shut up. Nobody cares.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

YetAnother wrote: The Anisina and Us and them comparison is in the bassline.

Yep, and that subtle drop-down piano note.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

This topic reminds me of this song:

I'd like to be home with my monkey and my dog
I'd like to be home with my monkey and my dog
I'd like to be home with my monkey ...
Jim: They don't care. Shut up. Play the record.
Rooster1
Axe
Axe

Post by Rooster1 »

I've given the new track a listen and have no issues with Roger tipping his hat to the older sound. It gives a nice address to Rick Wright. The older sound was good then and it's just as good now; although the analogue sounding keyboards give the track a 70's vibe they're timeless and well cemented as an instrument. I'm pretty easy to please and am just thankful we have someone of (ex) Pink Floyd still around to make music for us.

I'd have loved if Roger and Gilmour could have amicably worked out adding a Gilmour solo somewhere. They wouldn't even need to be in the studio at the same time. Same goes for Nick too.

Wonder if Gilmour will be giving it a cheeky listen and if so..........what do you reckon he thinks?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Well if trolls like Flathead had been weeded out you could have avoided a lot of it.

Too bad no one did, probably why there's only a handful of active posters that include a few decent contributors and a couple of Bell ends
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:Well if trolls like Flathead had been weeded out you could have avoided a lot of it.
Hey! Why these personal attacks? :shock:
This is a discussion forum. [-X
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well anyway, I'm STILL looking forward to the album. <.8.>
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Wolfpack wrote:
kjek1 wrote:Well if trolls like Flathead had been weeded out you could have avoided a lot of it.
Hey! Why these personal attacks? :shock:
This is a discussion forum. [-X
Personal attack? It's a statement of fact.

He knows what he's doing, he even went to the trouble of masquerading as a Barrett fan in a feable attempt to lend more credence to his continual beration of Gilmour and praise of Waters.

This thread is the perfect example of it, he complained about rehashing material on an album we all knew was outtakes, and he made ridiculous comparisons wherever he could find two identical notes. Then he was actually prepared to overlook the fact Roger has HEAVILY self plagiarised on his new track, make no mistake, if people like me hadn't shone a light on it he'd have side stepped it completely.

A first class troll, but when you let these guys do what they want the quality suffers.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Simple fact, as my ears have heard it... Roger, Dave, and Rick when he was alive have all recycled a bit of their past in their individual recorded efforts. Even when they were still together there was some of that seeping in. It happens...after so damn many years of writing it's bound to. Bottom line...do you still want to hear it? Whether it's yes...or no...case closed I would think.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

kjek1 wrote:He knows what he's doing, he even went to the trouble of masquerading as a Barrett fan in a feable attempt to lend more credence to his continual beration of Gilmour and praise of Waters.
Do you know what you are doing? :?

Someone is "masquerading as a Barrett fan"?
You don't need to be some secret agent to dislike some work by Gilmour. :lol:

It seems to me that whenever someone even tries to praise Waters more than Gilmour, you'll try to personally attack that person. As if that person can't be real.
Someone doesn't praise Gilmour as being the best musician ever? Must be a troll! :shock: