There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Re: There will be a new album

Post by kjek1 »

Thank you so much for posting that.

As if I didn't already have enough evidence to drive my point home, there it is :lol:

Stay classy Roger. Still I'm sure the directioners, sorry Roger fans, will find some form of justification for being a snidey old man.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

raisemyrent wrote:He lost me at twice the musician. He needs so much recognition. Maybe something from his childhood. Who knows. The problem and where he stands out is saying she like that. Labelling himself a genius. Criticising other people's work. Name one interview where Gilmour makes fun of radio kaos (or any other Roger solo tripe; imagine how menial it sounds to them).
Dave's too busy living life with his family and making NEW music

Roger can stick to multiple divorces, ranting about politics and re-releasing Have a cigar, mother, the Final Cut and whatever other Floyd tracks he's reproduced on that new album.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

Classic Roger Waters! :roll:

Doesn't listen to much music, but knows everything is crap and nobody makes conceptalbums anymore.

Still I think I will like the new album. They really tried to make it sound like a Pink Floyd record, a 70's record. A fair forgery, some might say.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Isn't that what he callled AMLOR? Even though it sounded nothing like the wall and everything he's "written" since (including the opera that no one heard).
One slip doesn't hold a small candle to radio kaos.
Edit:
Pffft just listened to the new kid. First off, really? Can you say THE WALL? Again? Looks like a child on their first lessons. Or an old man that's had a stroke.
Twice the musician... Roger is dangerously close to being an old man for whose sake someone else censors.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I'm actually pretty disappointed in those comments to be honest. I thought he'd mellowed out more, but the guys obviously riddled with insecurity. It shows a complete lack of class too, especially throwing Rick in there. Come back when you've written a piece of music as emotive as Great Gig in the Sky or Us and Them you old dolt
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

He did the same kind of interview when The Wall was coming out. I thought "Boy! :shock: This band is in TROUBLE !!!!!
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Waters turns out not to be a fan of Radiohead
I'll bet Flathead loves this. It made me laugh.
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Roger Waters: "I’m twice the musician either of those guys ever were. I just am. I’ve got it. It’s in me.”
I wonder why he never bothered to demonstrate this musically. It would lend credence to his comments.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Kerry King wrote:
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Waters turns out not to be a fan of Radiohead
I'll bet Flathead loves this. It made me laugh.
Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:Roger Waters: "I’m twice the musician either of those guys ever were. I just am. I’ve got it. It’s in me.”
I wonder why he never bothered to demonstrate this musically. It would lend credence to his comments.
He's certainly hid it well for the past 35 years

I'm sure it's just a massive coincidence he hasn't been able to hit a musical high since he left Gilmour and Wright
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:The exhibition has the post-Waters years in a separate room! A room you have to go through to get to the exit!
As it should be.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

The album’s tone veers between elegiac sorrow, righteous anger and world-weary cynicism, in a sonic landscape of vast synths, shimmering acoustic guitars and cavernous drums, all linked by odd tape loops and Waters’s dry, elliptical narration. It is hugely reminiscent of Floyd’s classic Seventies work, from Dark Side of the Moon to The Wall. Waters ascribes this to the input of Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich.
We are in for a real treat. Roger has finally found his new David.

This is going to be the finest Floyd-related work since The Wall.

Loving this new clip. Nice piano piece, and funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCXIyXAsDjo

BTW, Roger's comment on Dave and Rick and "better musician" obviously comes from a place of insecurity, but also it's to promote the record.

I truly think Roger thinks David is amazing, and feels threatened, and in a way envious. But he's not going to let Dave know, because it's been said Dave has a hell of an ego, too.
Last edited by Flathead on Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
YetAnother
Axe
Axe

Post by YetAnother »

raisemyrent wrote:Isn't that what he callled AMLOR? Even though it sounded nothing like the wall and everything he's "written" since (including the opera that no one heard).
One slip doesn't hold a small candle to radio kaos.
Yes, he also said the record company told Gilmour to make AMLOR sound more like Pink Floyd. That doesn't sound very true, because AMLOR does not sound like any previous Pink Floyd at all. OTOH I do hear some DSOTM in it: dogs of war is similar to money, and one slip to time.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Flathead wrote:
The album’s tone veers between elegiac sorrow, righteous anger and world-weary cynicism, in a sonic landscape of vast synths, shimmering acoustic guitars and cavernous drums, all linked by odd tape loops and Waters’s dry, elliptical narration. It is hugely reminiscent of Floyd’s classic Seventies work, from Dark Side of the Moon to The Wall. Waters ascribes this to the input of Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich.
We are in for a real treat. Roger has finally found his new David.

This is going to be the finest Floyd-related work since The Wall.

Loving this new clip. Nice piano piece, and funny as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCXIyXAsDjo

BTW, Roger's comment on Dave and Rick and "better musician" obviously comes from a place of insecurity, but also it's to promote the record.

I truly think Roger thinks David is amazing, and feels threatened, and in a way envious. But he's not going to let Dave know, because it's been said Dave has a hell of an ego, too.
Yet David has not publicly said anything negative towards Roger for decades in interviews. So where is the ego like you are pathetically claiming.

So tell me this Roger is god fanatic if Roger is such a better musician why has he toured the last decade or so with no solo material and relying on the Pink Floyd name and playing the hits. Also why has it taken him so long to release this new album??? If he is such a better musician then David & Rick so why did during the 70's Rick and David tuned Rogers bass for him why does roger sometimes have other musicians on stage playing his bass lines why does he lip sync on songs??
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Twice the lyricist? Ok

Twice the songwriter? Debatable

Twice the musician? :lol:
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Flathead do you prefer the Roger versions of DSOTM & The Wall?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

He's 10 times the lyricist for sure.

Twice the musician? Either deluded or has a great sense of humour.