New Pink Floyd Album 'The Endless River'

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Re: New Pink Floyd Album 'The Endless River'

Post by FreeFour »

Link to the interview with David and Nick on BBC Radio 6, well worth a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0288yhn
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

Well I liked the song. Sure it's not a DSOTM song and more like a Division Bell song, but that doesn't make it bad. I love TDB, especially traveling down the coastline from Monterrey to Pismo and the tall gorgeous cliffs along the ocean that follow Big Sur. The music goes perfectly to that sort of setting. Sort of sad to know that this is indeed the final farewell as far as new Floyd music goes. I would not discount the possibility of a future one off reunion with waters ala Live 8 style for the right cause. Not out of the realm of possibility as long as those 3 are still alive, but as far as those 3 ever recording new material together, it sounds a bit far fetched at this point. Seems Gilmour and Mason concede that they recognize that they are indeed much older now and their time is running out, however I'm looking forward to solo work from both Gilmour and Waters. This sort of gives me a new appreciation for all the old bands that managed to put their differences aside and play on, such as The Who, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith etc..... and it's a shame that The Floyd and Zepplin could not find the secret to making that happen, but such is life. There's probably much more information on that than any of us will ever know.
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

Another interview. Video this time:

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/video ... Pink_Floyd
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Jury service is over so I can actually listen to the piece now instead of travelling on buses or waiting around in a large room while daytime BBC or worse daytime ITV plays. <.8.>
But actually, as it's being released next month, I'll wait*.
If you still hate it on your third listen and can't find anything good about it, that might be a problem.
See how it goes!

*=See how long this takes me to resist.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

DG you only care about money, you'd turned Pink Floyds brand name into profits, not art. Ta! ](*,)
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

thefinalcut wrote:DG you only care about money, you'd turned Pink Floyds brand name into profits, not art. Ta! ](*,)
I don't think you realize how fundamentally ludicrous that assertion is. If all David Gilmour cared about was money, he'd have released stuff like this years ago in abundance. If all he cared about was money, he'd be touring this new album without being concerned about Rick's absence. If all he cared about was money, he'd continue releasing records every couple of years from the 20 hours worth of 'The Division Bell' material stored in his vaults. I could go on and on.

In short, this record has absolutely nothing to do with making money. This is merely an asinine excuse to dismiss 'The Endless River' and validate your ill-conceived preconceptions.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

thefinalcut wrote:DG you only care about money, you'd turned Pink Floyds brand name into profits, not art. Ta! ](*,)

edit:

have a day off for abusing another poster

henno
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

bboynexus wrote:Another interview. Video this time:

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed that and hopefully we'll see more of those video clips in the forthcoming blu ray.
Alternate
Axe
Axe

Post by Alternate »

I have never seen such awful reactions here....i hope you are being sarcastic mate
duffOnTheRun
Axe
Axe

Post by duffOnTheRun »

FreeFour wrote:
bboynexus wrote:Another interview. Video this time:

Thank you for sharing FreeFoor!

Very interesting. Despite his age (68 years I think), David plays guitar and sings as if he was 40 years old. I would say that his voice is at its best on Louder than Words!

I like this song. For me, it's Pink Floyd.
Last edited by duffOnTheRun on Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

henno wrote:
FransT wrote:Just heard the song on the BBC2 livestream.
To be honest, i'm not that impressed. To me it sounded like a song from Division Bell part2 and imho TDB is a very mediocre album.

Still.. I'm very curious about all the ambient stuff on the new album.

are you actually serious ??????
Absolutely!
It's a very weak song and the lyrics are really quite trite.
I hope the instrumental stuff on the album is a bit more inspired, otherwise it will be a sad way for Pink Floyd to bow out.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

edit:

have a day off for abusing another poster

henno
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

kjek1 wrote:
<SNIP> HENNO
he also said in a rick wright topic on here and i quote
I´m not very much into Rick´s contribution to Floyd, sorry!
not a true pink floyd fan if he thinks that oh and to say davids in it for the money hahaha what a stupid ignorant thing to say, yet its ok for Roger to milk The Wall for 3 years his lastest solo material is shit compared to this but hey if you want listen to lyrical political nonsense then go ahead and be stuck in 1985 with you post waters floyd hate then feel free. Y'know i have seen alot of die hard Roger fans admit to liking it. Yet here you are being a negative nancy moron

To say you don't like Ricks contribution to Floyd on a PF forum is pathetic then i take it you dont like Echoes, Us and Them, Time, A Sauceful of Secrets etc

A laughable excuse of Pink Floyd Fan you are lighten up enjoy the music
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I can appreciate it's just not to some people's taste. But this guy is beyond a joke. I can't believe any Floyd fan would fail to appreciate Rick's contribution. You really can't understate how important he was to Floyd sound at the peak of their powers.
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

Rick' contributions were enormous important!
After all these years of listening to the Floyd (since 1971) i still love Rick's own unique style.

When he passed away I read some beautiful words from keyboard wizzard Keith Emerson on Rick.
Rick was widely appreciated!