General discussion about Pink Floyd.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Re: New Pink Floyd Album 'The Endless River'

Post by FreeFour »

The NME website link

http://www.nme.com/news/pink-floyd/80291

Don't really know what to think of the music clip, clearly it isn't Louder Than Words.

Fake ?
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

Funny how how some equate your fandom to how long you have been on an Internet forum. What a joke. Some of us have been listening to Floyd since the early 70s and some some since their inception. FYI there were no Internet forums in the 70s and 80s and 90s for that matter. What does that have to do with making ridiculous statements? Having an opinion and preferring Waters era Floyd are quite different than making these really unfounded assertions as to a bands motive for releasing material. Feel free to post your opinion. Either you like the new stuff or not. If not then don't listen to or buy it. Simple.
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

hypermikem wrote:Funny how how some equate your fandom to how long you have been on an Internet forum. What a joke. Some of us have been listening to Floyd since the early 70s and some some since their inception. FYI there were no Internet forums in the 70s and 80s and 90s for that matter. What does that have to do with making ridiculous statements? Having an opinion and preferring Waters era Floyd are quite different than making these really unfounded assertions as to a bands motive for releasing material. Feel free to post your opinion. Either you like the new stuff or not. If not then don't listen to or buy it. Simple.
I'm in complete agreement, hypermilkem.

Oh, by the way, another interview snippet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMf57BdPrC4
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Felix Atagong wrote:And the full version that could be found here
http://www.openculture.com/2014/10/loud ... -1994.html
has disappeared as well. ](*,)
My! Pages come and go so quickly around here! Can you imagine the panic of Pink Floyd's lawyers if the album gets leaked?
I wouldn't listen to the leak, I'd rather buy it myself. But... as sure as eggs is eggs, a modern 21st Century thing is albums leaking about a couple of weeks before they are released. It happens. It shouldn't. But there you go. Leaks are usually lesser in sound quality than the finished product anyway.
But please enjoy the image of David Gilmour red faced snapping pencils looking at a screen on the phone to Sue,Grabbit & Runne lawyers ordering them to "DESTROY THE INTERNET!!! DESTROY THE INTERNET!!" after being told the album has leaked! (Which at the time of posting this, it hasn't leaked. Or at least I'm usually the last to know of these things!) :lol:
hypermikem
Axe
Axe

Post by hypermikem »

bboynexus wrote:
hypermikem wrote:Funny how how some equate your fandom to how long you have been on an Internet forum. What a joke. Some of us have been listening to Floyd since the early 70s and some some since their inception. FYI there were no Internet forums in the 70s and 80s and 90s for that matter. What does that have to do with making ridiculous statements? Having an opinion and preferring Waters era Floyd are quite different than making these really unfounded assertions as to a bands motive for releasing material. Feel free to post your opinion. Either you like the new stuff or not. If not then don't listen to or buy it. Simple.
I'm in complete agreement, hypermilkem.

Oh, by the way, another interview snippet:

I think anyone wondering why this was released should watch this video. Much more genuine and believable than bitter fans assertions, that are mad that Water's is not a part of the final Floyd project. Hardly about money. Oh wait, maybe Gilmour is a total liar! Yeah that must be it! :roll:
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

Another one from 'Absolute Radio'. This one briefly mentions the possibility (or lack thereof) of playing the new material live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9yWQ1D ... ZMUN1J8Gxg

Another one which refutes the idea that David Gilmour is looking to rake in the cash.
Last edited by bboynexus on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

Sorry, double post.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

[quote="bboynexus"]Another one from 'Absolute Radio'. This one briefly mentions the possibility (or lack thereof) of playing the new material live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9yWQ1D ... ZMUN1J8Gxg

Thanks for sharing, I think that was a resounding no to any live performance, are we that surprised though ?

As an aside, i am sure Brit Floyd, The Australian Pink Floyd and all the other tributes have studio time booked to learn it !
bboynexus
Blade
Blade

Post by bboynexus »

FreeFour wrote:As an aside, i am sure Brit Floyd, The Australian Pink Floyd and all the other tributes have studio time booked to learn it !
Right you are! I was thinking this myself recently. I'd like to see their take on the material.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

The only scenario that I can imagine in which a few lucky folks would get to see Pink Floyd play live in person would be if there was some kind of major lifetime achievement award next year for the band (i.e. 2015, for 50 years of Pink Floyd). In such a one-shot scenario, David might yield; that would probably be a couple of acoustic numbers on stage, David and Nick with a few guests.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

ran into some guys playing the guitar solo from louder than words over the record (I presume, anyhow) on youtube but they've been taken down on copyright claims.

that NMW link was not louder than words and the last third of the video was just silence
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

hypermikem wrote:
bboynexus wrote:Oh, by the way, another interview snippet:

I think anyone wondering why this was released should watch this video. Much more genuine and believable than bitter fans assertions, that are mad that Water's is not a part of the final Floyd project. Hardly about money. Oh wait, maybe Gilmour is a total liar! Yeah that must be it! :roll:
Not a total liar, but just a business man like many other artists.

Apparently, Gilmour is business man enough to make fans believe
that this is some sort of charity album to honor Wright.
Love, peace, happiness, y'know. :P

According to this interview,
a main reason for this album is Gilmour being less critical about what can be released. :!:
Wright is the second, "larger" reason mentioned.

In other words,
Wright is honored with an album about which Gilmour is less critical than before. :lol:

I've heard 'Louder Than Words' as uploaded on "Openculture.com".
It's better than I expected. Especially after the instrumental audio snippets.
If there would be more songs like this, I'd be more curious for the full album.

Maybe the bells also have been used by The Kinks, in 'Big Black Smoke' (1966).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyFAqXBAFSw

P.S. You mentioned Waters, again. ;)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The full song Louder than Words sounds great in my opinion. Just listened to it 20 times!

Listen at 1hr 11min - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04jmh4y
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I agree with Keith...just listened to it for the first time and I loved it!
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

The new song is terrible. The production is incredibly dated (especially the keyboards) and the lyrics are cringe-worthy.