The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: The Royal Albert Hall Concerts

Post by moodyblue »

azza200 wrote:

Was Lasers used on Sorrow during the intro & middle section?
To be honest, I don't recall they were but I will look out for these next show.

Talking of which, I totally agree Kjek. Tonight's show was an outstanding piece of work by David Gilmour.
For my money, the intensity of his solo work tonight particularly Comfortably Numb is seeing him really give it everything.
He isn't the most animated of musicians to say the least but if the way he plays is his communication of how he feels, clearly he is enjoying these shows.
He seems to drag them out longer especially as I say in tonight's show.
Vocally too he isn't holding much back here. Plenty of passion.

One amazing surprise (that I had given up on) was the readmission into the set of 'Us And Them' albeit now in the second half of the show omitting the 'Red Dress' song.

It's getting very near the end of this tour and who knows what that may mean. One kind of wants to savour these next few days while it's all still to be had.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

moodyblue wrote:
azza200 wrote:

Was Lasers used on Sorrow during the intro & middle section?
To be honest, I don't recall they were but I will look out for these next show.

Talking of which, I totally agree Kjek. Tonight's show was an outstanding piece of work by David Gilmour.
For my money, the intensity of his solo work tonight particularly Comfortably Numb is seeing him really give it everything.
He isn't the most animated of musicians to say the least but if the way he plays is his communication of how he feels, clearly he is enjoying these shows.
He seems to drag them out longer especially as I say in tonight's show.
Vocally too he isn't holding much back here. Plenty of passion.

One amazing surprise (that I had given up on) was the readmission into the set of 'Us And Them' albeit now in the second half of the show omitting the 'Red Dress' song.

It's getting very near the end of this tour and who knows what that may mean. One kind of wants to savour these next few days while it's all still to be had.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Seeing him play comfortably numb from 3 feet away right in front of him was awe inspiring and something that I'll treasure till I draw my last breath

And though out Yellow Dress and replacing it with Us and them was a lovely surprise!

Anyone notice all the lasers during the second C Numb solo quickly disappeared? I didn't notice at the time because I was spell bound but just watching some people's videos it's just dawned on me
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

grahamk wrote:Hello all - we are making the journey to London from Colorado to see Gilmour at the RAH. We have tickets for Friday and just yesterday were able to get tickets for Thursday. FYI - there appears to be seats available for all nights right now at the box office.

This will be the 5th and 6th time seeing Gilmour solo for us. We saw "On An Island" tour 2 nights at Radio City Music Hall and earlier this year saw 2 shows at the Hollywood Bowl.

I am curious if anyone would happen to know how will call is being handled at these shows? Can tickets be picked up earlier than showtime for later entry, or do you have to enter the Hall right after picking up tickets at the box office?

Also curious what people think of seats in the Stalls - section G seats 1&2. They are marked "restricted view" but seem very close to the stage to me - perhaps the screen is what you cannot see? That is where we were able to get tickets for Thursday night's show.

Thanks! Graham
Tickets can be picked up any time Graham and you can enter when you like. You can even pick them up during the day from the box office. Just have your booking reference.

As for your tickets in block G, you'll have a pretty unique view as it goes very close to the stage. I suspect you'll see the band interaction very clearly and they are actually great seats in my opinion.
It depends on the row that you are in on how close you'll be. Row 1 and you'll be laughing.
As for the screen, you'll still be able to see it but at an angle. It's the people in the choir section that cannot see the screen.
Enjoy. :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

kjek1 wrote:
Anyone notice all the lasers during the second C Numb solo quickly disappeared? I didn't notice at the time because I was spell bound but just watching some people's videos it's just dawned on me
I think that happened on Friday too from memory. I did think it a bit strange to be honest and could not figure out why.
3 feet away must have been double mind blowing. :D

I managed to ask one of the sound guys exactly how they get the opening intro sound for 'Shine On'. Apparently it is sampled from the recording and layered with other sounds to boot out of interest.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Just got back and ate some free pizza we were given along the way, to top off an incredible night. We lingered and saw most of the band leave through the car lane into the hall. We left but we were pretty sure David Gilmour was still in the building, and apparently Guy Pratt was still there according to the security man.
Anyhow agree with all the comments. We had floor tickets and walked up for the encores and it was mesmerising. It hasn't been mentioned but one of the keyboard players that started the tour swapped back into the band (Kevin MacAle - spelling?)
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

Tickets can be picked up any time Graham and you can enter when you like. You can even pick them up during the day from the box office. Just have your booking reference.
Thank you, this is very useful information.
As for your tickets in block G, you'll have a pretty unique view as it goes very close to the stage. I suspect you'll see the band interaction very clearly and they are actually great seats in my opinion.
It depends on the row that you are in on how close you'll be. Row 1 and you'll be laughing.
We have Row 1 Section O for Thursday and Row 3 Section G for Friday. Pretty excited!!!
Last edited by grahamk on Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grahamk
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grahamk »

It hasn't been mentioned but one of the keyboard players that started the tour swapped back into the band (Kevin MacAle - spelling?)
Is Chuck Leavell still with the band?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

2 clips from Sorrow which had Lasers in the intro and middle section from the first night. Yet no lasers were used on yesterdays performance

Intro Lasers (24th September)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKuEBV6DDuQ/

Middle section (24th September)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKt4bZTDdt-/
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

I'm going on Friday and looking forward to this. 12 rows from the front this time!! <ii>

I saw the tour in Chicago in April & RAH last September.

This will be my 6th time seeing David Gilmour in total.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Here's one of my photos from Sunday

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Good photo ... :)
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

That's an incredible picture kjek. I'm happy for you mate. I honestly think I remember the moment; was it during Time?
My video looks farther than how it felt, but I know how close it was. Confirmed keyboard players swapped again (no Jon Carin; is he playing with Roger?) and also, I looked st my video of Comfortably Numb and the lasers turn off right as the second solo starts, and don't come back on until the bit where "he opens up"; i.e. On pulse when the mirror ball opens, or with Roger when he bangs on the wall and the colours show up. As far as I recall, the lasers used to stay throughout the whole of the second solo.
Funny that I did miss the lasers during sorrow (a song that has got better and better on this tour), so I'm glad they were there on the first night, as it gives me hope that they will come back (going again soon)
vizor
Axe
Axe

Post by vizor »

Everything about that picture is just perfect.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

This black strat is a work of art, isn't?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Glad you all liked the photo!

One thing I'll say, you won't get real musical goosebump inducing moments like that at Rogere gigs