Roger Re records Dark Side

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Re: Roger Re records Dark Side

Post by everton1690 »

Have to say , I was at Monday nights show and it was complete drivel

The only exemptions we’re mother and us and then, and shaking hands with Nick Mason and Tony Stratton Smith who were sat in front of me

The rest of it would put a valium to sleep
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

I stopped by just to make a point: Horrible reworking of greatest album of all time. :cry:
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Number 4 in the Top 100 UK. But... Topped the charts on Physical Album Sales, Vinyl Album Sales and even Download Sales for this week!
Now to toast it's hundreds of weeks on the chart.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

If Pink Floyd were to release the Greatest Hits with only a silence on it, there is no doubt that the album would top a charts around the world. Everything associated with the Pink Floyd moniker is so powerful.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

everton1690 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:01 pm ...
The only exemptions we’re mother and us and then, and shaking hands with Nick Mason and Tony Stratton Smith who were sat in front of me
I thought Tony Stratton Smith died a few years ago
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

The cover art of this album would be better suited for the 'Animals REDUX" album. There are some dogs in the Animals album....
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

“I thought Tony Stratton Smith died a few years ago”

Yes, 1987.

Don’t think this type of show would warrant a return ticket from Hades!
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Ashes andDiamonds07 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:16 am It's surprisingly amazing!
Yeah, it"s surprisingly bad! It is far better if he named it: Eclipse - A Piece for Assorted Lunatics.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

I tried again, but I just can' t stand this @&#$ ](*,) . The sparse, plooding, dour, bleak soundscapes with more spoken than sung lyrics. I'm gonna go listen to the original TDSODM album to cleanse my ears.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

DaveSamsonBell wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm
Due to these misconceptions and the pleb friendly image of David Gilmour and Ricky Wright, I suspect this album too will go largely unnoticed. People don't want to give Waters the chance because they think he's an asshole and because they think Gilmour and Wright was the heart of Pink Floyd. The opposite is the case.
Syb Barrett was the heart of the band. As Roger stated: Without Syd the band would never have fucking started without him because he was writing all the material. Syd also mamed the band Pink Floyd.

Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?

Syd Barrett. 8)
DaveSamsonBell
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DaveSamsonBell »

space triangle wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:53 pm Syb Barrett was the heart of the band. As Roger stated: Without Syd the band would never have fucking started without him because he was writing all the material. Syd also mamed the band Pink Floyd.

Oh, by the way, which one's Pink?

Syd Barrett. 8)
The only thing Syd can be credited with is the name and bringing the other guys together. His era might as well be a completely different band. I don't think it even bears a slight resemblance to "Roger's Floyd".
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

You do realize Syd is very inspirational to lots of artists out there who got their influence in music thanks to Syd. People respect Syd more than Roger these days
DaveSamsonBell
Embryo
Embryo

Post by DaveSamsonBell »

No matter. The fascination with Syd Barrett is odd. Few Floyd fans listen to his music. I just don't see what his relevance is.

More people respect David Gilmour than Roger Waters. It doesn't mean anything.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

DaveSamsonBell wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:29 pm

The only thing Syd can be credited with is the name and bringing the other guys together. His era might as well be a completely different band. I don't think it even bears a slight resemblance to "Roger's Floyd".
Syd's signature remained largely on the Pink Floyd records through 70s and 80s. Including the behemots The Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall. And everyone here know Wish You Were Here album is mostly the tribute to Syd Barret.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

DaveSamsonBell wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:22 pm No matter. The fascination with Syd Barrett is odd. Few Floyd fans listen to his music. I just don't see what his relevance is.

More people respect David Gilmour than Roger Waters. It doesn't mean anything.
well the real Pink Floyd fans who go and see Nick and his band play that era songs and enjoys those shows says otherwise