Roger Re records Dark Side

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Jhxywos
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger Re records Dark Side

Post by Jhxywos »

I don't specially like this but I don't have any problem with it at all. I don't even try to compare it to the original. It's not worth it. Many people cover Pink Floyd in all kinds of ways, some covers I like and some covers I don't like. And this is basically Roger covering himself and his own music, so I don't see what the fuss is about!
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I think we can still say whether we like this or not.

If this was a random cover by a random different artist, I probably wouldn't have listened all the way through. It is interesting that Rog is doing this, but I hope the rest of the album is better.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

well least we all now know what a William Shatner version of DSOTM will sound like
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

From this clip, everything great about Us And Them has been stripped out. Piano, guitar, saxophone. They might be included in the finished version. But the two voices of Dave and Rick. Even the backing vocals.
There might be more room for you inside. Probably plenty of room by the sounds of it.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

azza200 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:36 pm well least we all now know what a William Shatner version of DSOTM will sound like
This is a witty comment, but I responded with a bit of a gallows laugh as it might have a considerable amount of truth in it.

https://youtu.be/mXNh3-bd3Ec
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Annoying Twit wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:59 pm
azza200 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:36 pm well least we all now know what a William Shatner version of DSOTM will sound like
This is a witty comment, but I responded with a bit of a gallows laugh as it might have a considerable amount of truth in it.

https://youtu.be/mXNh3-bd3Ec
now that is different but an interesting cover no different to Rogers's "new" take on DSOTM and the sample of Us and Them
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Bloody hell. How did he manage to make one of Dark Side of the Moon's shining moments sound like an outtake for Is This the Life We Really Want?
Yeah I am... not expecting much from this release.
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Lol
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

If Roger thinks his Roger words are so poetic just put them out without music and see how that pig flies. Roger seems to forget that Dave, Rick and Nick's music sold his words to the public. Roger seems to have forgot that the music sold his words more than his words sold the music.
scmods
Axe
Axe

Post by scmods »

flashback wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:16 am If Roger thinks his Roger words are so poetic just put them out without music and see how that pig flies. Roger seems to forget that Dave, Rick and Nick's music sold his words to the public. Roger seems to have forgot that the music sold his words more than his words sold the music.
I recenlty listened to an interview with Rog from before Is This The Life was written/recorded, where he read out one of his poems. It was bascially the lyrics to the title track of the album, and by God it was tedious.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

If he is planning on playing his new re recorded versions of the DSOTM tracks for his European leg i can see people booing or walking out from his shows
Alvader
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Alvader »

Further proof that Rogers might be a good lyricist/conceptualist, but there it stops.
Thank you Roger for again proving you are not Pink Floyd.
Alvader
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Alvader »

flashback wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:16 am If Roger thinks his Roger words are so poetic just put them out without music and see how that pig flies. Roger seems to forget that Dave, Rick and Nick's music sold his words to the public. Roger seems to have forgot that the music sold his words more than his words sold the music.
Polly Samson was quit right. Now Roger has completly lost it.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

scmods wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:29 am I recenlty listened to an interview with Rog from before Is This The Life was written/recorded, where he read out one of his poems. It was bascially the lyrics to the title track of the album, and by God it was tedious.
Well that puts a grim outlook on what he's gonna do to the instrumental tracks of Dark Side.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

azza200 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:05 pm If he is planning on playing his new re recorded versions of the DSOTM tracks for his European leg i can see people booing or walking out from his shows
people like me actually go to concerts to hear reworked versions that are different from the album version. Is there anything more boring to hear the another faithful rendition of Dark Side tracks like in 73, 74, 75, 77, 87-89, 94, 99, 00, 02, 06, 06-08, 15-18…. ? (Wow as much as I like the album tracks like Money, Us and them or Time have been performed to death). I heard those songs more than enough live.
Imagine the crowd would start to boo or walk out every time a band would do a medley of old songs or a short acoustic sets…. Never happens and won’t happen now.