FAV MOMENT OF THE LIVE @ POMPEII DVD?????????????????????

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

what i hated about the pompeii dvd is all those computer generated graphics and stupid irrelevant space footage adn all that crap......the original pompeii with just the perforamnce and the extra studio footage was class!!!! i have that on VCD adn i was hoping that would be the one that got transfered to DVD but they added in all that extra crap which covers the screen when floyd plays and its rather annoying..............

they did put the original concert i which is kewl but i'd still like to see the extra studio footage in between just like the regualr original pompeii that was on VHS
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Pinkpig21 wrote:The bass at the end of Echoes Pt. 1. It's just awesome
Same here :)
crunged
Embryo
Embryo

Post by crunged »

Pinkpig21 wrote:The bass at the end of Echoes Pt. 1. It's just awesome
When Roger kicks in with the bass in that change - sends the hairs on the back of my neck on fire. Has to be turned up full volume.

Absolutely amazing stuff.

The band truely loving everyminute of playing in that amazing setting.

APPLAUSE APPLAUSE!!
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:what i hated about the pompeii dvd is all those computer generated graphics and stupid irrelevant space footage adn all that crap......the original pompeii with just the perforamnce and the extra studio footage was class!!!! i have that on VCD adn i was hoping that would be the one that got transfered to DVD but they added in all that extra crap which covers the screen when floyd plays and its rather annoying..............

they did put the original concert i which is kewl but i'd still like to see the extra studio footage in between just like the regualr original pompeii that was on VHS
Were the interviews in the original movie? If not, then that was the biggest improvement from VHS to DVD.
crosby
Embryo
Embryo

Post by crosby »

Dave: "You can trust us." :wink:
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

I like it as one scene shifts to another and you can hear someone say something like "well you tell us Roger, since you think you're God Almighty." Not an exact quote but close enough. It's in the original release anyway.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Syd. wrote:
Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:what i hated about the pompeii dvd is all those computer generated graphics and stupid irrelevant space footage adn all that crap......the original pompeii with just the perforamnce and the extra studio footage was class!!!! i have that on VCD adn i was hoping that would be the one that got transfered to DVD but they added in all that extra crap which covers the screen when floyd plays and its rather annoying..............

Were the interviews in the original movie? If not, then that was the biggest improvement from VHS to DVD.
no there's no interviews in teh original footage...its just the concert uninterupted......

the directors cut has all the interviews and studio scenes adn all but during the performances they have stupid shit going on like space scenes and planets and computer generated deserts and and etc etc....its pointless...

so if you wanna see the original pompeii performances with the interviews then keep you're VHS or VCD copy cos the directors cut is different.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:so if you wanna see the original pompeii performances with the interviews then keep you're VHS or VCD copy cos the directors cut is different.
On the dvd there is also an option "original concertfilm" 8)
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Syd. wrote:
Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:so if you wanna see the original pompeii performances with the interviews then keep you're VHS or VCD copy cos the directors cut is different.
On the dvd there is also an option "original concertfilm" 8)
i know....but its just the gig...not the interview & studio footage
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

I love all of it, but I think my favourite song on there is Echoes pt 2.
Sampdoriano_Canary
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Sampdoriano_Canary »

Hi!

I've got a couple of fav moments in the DVD.....

1) The final phase of Echoes Pt 1, when the music is in full tempo
and the camera moves a la "The Shining" method sideways behind
the massive Speaker sets and Gilmour's Guitar riffs!!! I always
though that the specific frame where they show "Pink FLoyd, London"
stenciled on the Speakers, would make a great wall paper!! :-)

2) I also like Water's screeching in Careful With that Axe!! Spine Chilling
stuff!!! ;-)
benryves
Axe
Axe

Post by benryves »

1) The final phase of Echoes Pt 1, when the music is in full tempo
and the camera moves a la "The Shining" method sideways behind
the massive Speaker sets and Gilmour's Guitar riffs!!! I always
though that the specific frame where they show "Pink FLoyd, London"
stenciled on the Speakers, would make a great wall paper!!
Mmmm 8)
Loved that bit too!
bmet
Knife
Knife

In the Defense of the New Footage

Post by bmet »

I,like others,have some misgivings about the footage Adrien has added to the new version.I would leave off the NASA stuff and the whole concept of
Aliens coming to Earth!!! AAARRGGHH!
I do think the pullback sequence at the end of the show is quite good and
goes well with the somewhat chorale soundtrack (Loose the sideways Credit Crawl Please! :roll: ).
I do REALLY LIKE the whole "Set the Controls..." sequence.The new time lapse shot of the Pompeii Harbour plus the new colour volcano footage and even the computer footage of the Sun go well with the original footage.
"Saucerful..."is still a classic! (Richard's Organ is simply beautiful!!!)
I happy the original film was included but I'll still enjoy the new one.
After all...there's always the skip button if you want to go by undesired
sections :idea:

bmet :)
[I've] been in the pipeline - filling in time"
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

My favorite part of the original film was Careful With That Axe, Eugene. Watching Roger scream is...simply....um...I can't say it.

My favorite new added part to the DVD is the B&W footage of them slurping down oysters. Mmmm, yummy. And when they're screwing with Maben's questions. "What do you mean...interesting?"

Oh, and I've always loved Nick's Apple Pie issue too.
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

My favourite part is the part in my signature...Where Roger is smoking and taking the p*ss of adrian...and I love when they're eating oysters and every new bit of interview footage is my fav part...esp. the oysters...And I love when they show them recording Echoes...and when Dave's face forms out of the face of the statue.
Its just all good!