Pigs on the Wing question

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I read somewhere that "pigs on the wing" stems from the phrase "and pigs might fly," meaning achieving the impossible, ie "David Gilmour will write a really good Pink Floyd album", "yes and pigs might fly". The song is one of those very rare love songs writen by Rog for his then new wife
Carolyne Christie. Part two of the song completes the loop that appeares on DSoTM, WYWH and The Wall - the albums finish pretty much as they started - what goes around comes around
syd67ro
Axe
Axe

Post by syd67ro »

I think that pigs on the wing pt.1 is dedicated to roger's first wife ("If you didn't care ....We would zig zag our way through boredom and pain "etc),and the second part is dedicated to his second wife ("So I don't feel alone ...Now that I've found somewhere safe,to bury my bones".He has found happiness in a selfish way,I would say.He knows that the world is still a bad place to be,because any dog and sheep is still dependent on pigs,but he can forget about that thanks to his love for his wife.Just a thought.
BobFloyd
Axe
Axe

I was wondering...

Post by BobFloyd »

Is the reason the album looped because it might be able to be played backwards? I heard something like that about the Wall... hmm I'm not sure.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

ie "David Gilmour will write a really good Pink Floyd album", "yes and pigs might fly".
..........................TDB?
seamusz
Judge!
Judge!

Re: I was wondering...

Post by seamusz »

BobFloyd wrote:Is the reason the album looped because it might be able to be played backwards? I heard something like that about the Wall... hmm I'm not sure.
I think the only reason they had a looped version of the album is because it worked so much better for the 8-Track cassette.
Holden Caufield
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Holden Caufield »

Hello friends!!!!

I think that title ,,Pigs of the wing'' come from one song of Animals , Pigs (Three Differents Ones). By the way Animals is my one of the best PF album :D . Roger Waters when was creating texts to Animals, took advantage from Ezope's and Fontaine's fables.