ROGER WATERS VS. LED ZEPPELIN

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

I do think he was lying about being drunk and stoned. But that wouldn't happen anyways because Roger would never be in Zep. They have way different styles.
TheVegetableMan
Axe
Axe

Post by TheVegetableMan »

What I find ironic is that it was JOHN PAUL JONES who took control over the latter albums because of Pages heroin addiction, Plant's family situations (kids dying) and Bonham's drinking problem.

So as I see it Roger would have emerged once again as the dominate force, for good or ill
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
David Smith wrote:Anyone else thinking he was only pretending to be stoned when he wrote that?
what? i wrote that on new years........i drank champagne and smoked a joint/......the joint is what made me start thinkgin about the whole roger waters being in led zepp thing........why would i pretend.....its only weed..i didnt do heroin or anything....... :roll:
DON'T SMOKE CRACK!
Anyone else thinking he was only pretending to be stoned when he wrote that?
David, I believe Crack addicts deserve a second chance...
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Uh...do I get a refund for the IQ points I lost from reading this thread?
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

this thread is funny
Johnny Rotten
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Johnny Rotten »

nosaj wrote:look at the thread, "Muscle Man Waters". I think Roger could kick all their asses at once! :smt062
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This forum is hilarious!
avidaz
Embryo
Embryo

some one needed to take control

Post by avidaz »

and since the others wernt interested in it rodger took over, non of them were 'front men' , but r.w.'s ego was big enough.
imglad roger took control even if if he did take credit for daves ( & other members) skills.
page and plant are a duo and work together, i dont think roger would/could have coped with the cometition.

ok iv had a few southerns 2nite, but iv just given up the weed
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

i don't understand why some people drink and get stoned if they will produce such nonesense, this is why god thinks drinking and smoking are bad and i'm starting to believe he is right.
for your own sake mr Sir Psychedelic Soul, do not ever drink or smoke again, what you said was horrible.
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Re: ROGER WATERS VS. LED ZEPPELIN

Post by Painmaster »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:....im sorta drunk & stoned riugh tynow....but i've just beeen thinkng about a situation..........roger waters thinks he's all GOD and **** right...like he's the most important element of pink floyd....but i think it's cos of the personality traits of the other floyd members......now imagine if waters was the bassist for led zeppelin instead of john paul jones...you think he'd still be all f*ckin arrogant and **** as he was in pink floyd????????!?!?!?!...thinking he knows all and such...i imagine jimmy page adn robert plant would not stand for his ****........his attitude and behaviour would be so small and minimized compared to how he behaved in pink floyd...he only got away with it cos the other ofloyd members allwed it...but truly Waters was not that good at Bass and all and he did do a loty of maoning and all and write only the lyrics...Zeppelin was all about music adn very little complaints..Waters would surely fail and be totally minimzed if he was ever a bassists for Led Zepp...he would not be known as the powerhouse as he is known today....he'd be shadowed out or booted from the band if he was on in Zeppelin....

in every band you get a member who stabnds out and gets all the credit and fame such as waters but its really only cos the other members allow it or arent as strong in personality.....thats how it was with pink floyd...waters had the strongest personality and he overshaodwed all the other floyd members......page adn plant would totally fight back against it if waters tried that silly **** on them.... he'd be fooooooooooooked....gilmour just went along with it, so did wright adn mason..........

waters would be meaningless in Zeppelin..........

hionestly its all about who you start a band wiht....and how the personalities click...without gilmour, wright and mason waters would amout to **** if he was in any other band........cos his personality wouldnt stanbd against any other if he was in a band wiht othe rpeople like him or page or plant cos they were all about muscianship.....Page ve Gilmpour is not contest, we all know page is a superior guitarist and he was a MAJOR F8CKIN part of zeppelin adn he would defianlty not stanfd for Waters sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you think?? i say you puff a spliff or have a few drinks then think about it adn reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) :D :lol:

ROGER WATERS YOU F*CKIN C*NT...YER MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EVEN THOUGH I DISSED YA IN THIS THREAD YER STILL A BRILLIANT ****!)!!!!

[/b]

This is your Brain on Drugs <ii>
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

don't drink and type
mr.zxz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mr.zxz »

I think roger rode the tides of peace and put commenerece to his bands and comembers portions of there great cake in the skies, to behold the fun his territory had elaspsed. Chafing up musicals potentials to half the side of the grownd was done by the money after the drugs unintententional to who did what though the pleminance of influence pushed tilogies of the playing field through creator's derrogatory only creating more to deal with and less to ride about lost is to the imagionation only can be brought to justice with marks of one's own human nature. How music affects the bothering mind and the artist's soul derrives the sanction of a bands own grace. Bascically put the whole ordeal of what is trying to be said in to perspective meaning lots of ill fated conrovercy. The belif in fun verrses the gudence of desruction is the only comparisom to be made.

I like both the bands any way, so did the people right :shock:
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

mr.zxz wrote:I think roger rode the tides of peace and put commenerece to his bands and comembers portions of there great cake in the skies, to behold the fun his territory had elaspsed. Chafing up musicals potentials to half the side of the grownd was done by the money after the drugs unintententional to who did what though the pleminance of influence pushed tilogies of the playing field through creator's derrogatory only creating more to deal with and less to ride about lost is to the imagionation only can be brought to justice with marks of one's own human nature. How music affects the bothering mind and the artist's soul derrives the sanction of a bands own grace. Bascically put the whole ordeal of what is trying to be said in to perspective meaning lots of ill fated conrovercy. The belif in fun verrses the gudence of desruction is the only comparisom to be made.

I like both the bands any way, so did the people right :shock:

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
sergekbalz
Embryo
Embryo

they both rock!!!

Post by sergekbalz »

I agree with the comment 'cause even thoug I do admire Mr Waters I give more credit to led Zeppelin and their greatly unified band, I think Led Zeeppelin was a lot more skilled, Jimmy Page has no mach as a leader/writer, the fact of waters takin the lead is similar to gilmour's step to leadership and I think his after roger work is great too, we all know that roger gave our minds great songs, but he also pist us with his stupid arrogance, wich I don't think many people admire.
mr.zxz
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mr.zxz »

well so what if he was a smart ass? i think hes bloody hilarious
spliff :twisted: