Q&A With Pink Floyd's Bass Player Guy Pratt - Your Questions

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Q&A With Pink Floyd's Bass Player Guy Pratt - Your Questions

Post by ddebil »

Of all the Floyd gigs you played, which set your pulse racing the most?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:
ddebil wrote:Not pig sick, I trust?
Mild symptoms of. :(
Jeez, where do you guys get that shit from... Get well ASAP :) !
pulse-eye
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pulse-eye »

Hello Guy
Watching "then i close my eyes" from the RTN DVD performed at RAH, seems you and Phil Manzanera are having some kind of fun over Robert Wyatt, who (allegedly) almost missed his entry. He was watching Phil, rathen than looking at David, who was desperately waiting for him to turn his head.
Were you prepared to back him up and, what i alway wonder about, can you really understand each others words on stage?
jeremydylan
Embryo
Embryo

Post by jeremydylan »

Mr Pratt,

Are there any plans to release an audio book version of My Bass And Other Animals (with you doing the reading, of course)?

AND supplimentary question:

Have you been approached by David Walliams or Matt Lucas to turn your David Coverdale impression into a Little Britain character?

Jeremy Dylan
Sydney, Australia
Stefan Carr
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Stefan Carr »

Dear Guy,
Roger Waters' style in bass playing is sparser than yours. I'm sure you have no trouble in finding embellishments for his bass parts. Is there any PF song in particular of which you consider the bass part brilliant and beyond improval? Conversely, are there additions you've made to a certain song that you are particularly proud of?

Stefan Carr (Amsterdam)
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Do you play any musical instruments other than bass?
If your son wanted to take up a musical instrument, would you encourage him to be a bass player as well or would you steer him in the direction of another instrument?
henno

Post by henno »

ever regret the mullet??

ps... brans q is better...!!!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

That remake of Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) was rubbish wasn't it?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

When the hell is this shit finally going to be asked?
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

moom wrote:When the hell is this shit finally going to be asked?
YEAH!!!! When???
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have had very little time to be doing things in the past few weeks so still haven't got round to sorting out ten of the best and most appropriate questions to ask Guy yet. Perhaps a sensible forum member would like to compile the ten questions from the questions asked on this thread and put them in some sort of logical order. Avoid controversial issues as Guy just wont answer them.
Hogtown
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Hogtown »

Keith Jordan wrote: Perhaps a sensible forum member would like to compile the ten questions from the questions asked on this thread and put them in some sort of logical order.
Well, I am not that sensible. Perhaps Mossy, as he knows everything...but, seriously, I hope you get a together member to pull this together.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

1. Who offered you the Floyd gigs and why did you accept them? Ddebil
2. As a session musician do you get much creative control over what you do? DavidSmith
3. Were you told to primarily stick with the original bass parts or were you encouraged to bring your own stuff to the table? Olzen
4. What is your favorite Pink Floyd song to play and why? PinkFloyd69
5. Before Richard Wright's tragic death, it was announced that he was working on a new solo album. Were you involved in it, and do you know how much of it was done and if it will ever be released posthumously? Tenniru
6. Guy, is it true that in summer 2006 you were close to playing with David in a roman amphitheater in Pula, Croatia, but for the technical reasons Burg Clam was chosen instead? Bran from Croatia
7. How did you come to write the original soundtrack for the television show 'Spaced'? PI
8. I've seen your name associated with The Dream Academy. Did you play on "Life In A Northern Town?" Mossy
9. Have you any plans to write another book or to release your show on DVD/through a website? Snifferdog
10. Who are you listening to these days that you expect would really surprise your fans..? leahcim3360
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Perhaps a sensible forum member would like to compile the ten questions from the questions asked on this thread and put them in some sort of logical order.
I know you don't have too many time on your hands, but I thought you'd do it... Maybe a mod should do it then, Moz maybe?
Also, Draf? J Ed?
moom? :lol:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Idisaffect wrote:1. Who offered you the Floyd gigs and why did you accept them? Ddebil
2. As a session musician do you get much creative control over what you do? DavidSmith
3. Were you told to primarily stick with the original bass parts or were you encouraged to bring your own stuff to the table? Olzen
4. What is your favorite Pink Floyd song to play and why? PinkFloyd69
5. Before Richard Wright's tragic death, it was announced that he was working on a new solo album. Were you involved in it, and do you know how much of it was done and if it will ever be released posthumously? Tenniru
6. Guy, is it true that in summer 2006 you were close to playing with David in a roman amphitheater in Pula, Croatia, but for the technical reasons Burg Clam was chosen instead? Bran from Croatia
7. How did you come to write the original soundtrack for the television show 'Spaced'? PI
8. I've seen your name associated with The Dream Academy. Did you play on "Life In A Northern Town?" Mossy
9. Have you any plans to write another book or to release your show on DVD/through a website? Snifferdog
10. Who are you listening to these days that you expect would really surprise your fans..? leahcim3360

So my "Would You Like Some Toast ?" (stolen from Red Dwarf) didn't make it eh ? ... ah well , there's always the next "Ask somebody with a connection to Pink Floyd a question" time ....