General discussion about Pink Floyd.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

no 5.1 mix for the wall immersion set?

Post by davidjay »

the following was posted on nick's facebook page today:

NICK: PLEASE!!!! - I just found out The Wall immersion set does NOT have a 5.1 mix - after being "immersed" with DSOTM and WYWH how can you guys not give The Wall equal treatment? I beg you - Mr. Mason - if you monitor this site - and as the "ambassador" for the "Why Pink Floyd?" campaign - I BEG you to reconisder and put a blu-ray disc in The Wall set with a 5.1 mxi - even if it means delaying the release - I PROMISE you fans will wait

Nick has looked into this and his answer will be posted later on today. . .

"Amongst the many projects James Guthrie is working on are a blu-ray version of The Wall Movie and a 5.1 Mix. Unfortunately that’s not all on his job list , and no matter how often we whip him, he doesn’t seem to be able to work any faster....And in this instance he has to work with tapes that need a lot of TLC as they have deteriorated quite badly. A 5.1 Mix is a high priority but I'm afraid it just will take quite a while to complete and we felt we really wanted to get these sets of physical records out while our audience still have equipment capable of playing these things – And while I’m still capable of talking about them rather than just dribbling...."
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: no 5.1 mix for the wall immersion set?

Post by Meandthem »

Hmmm, but do we get it?
And as for abbreviation, what is TLC?
Tender, loving care?
The lame control?
Thin laminated cover?
The last cut...

Enlighten me, please!
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Re: no 5.1 mix for the wall immersion set?

Post by BertWW96 »

A 5.1 of The Wall gets mentioned in various threads here and there, but I thought it was worth bumping a dedicated thread.

What is the latest on this? It seems no one has ever said "no, it won't/can't happen," it's always some form of "it will get done, but Guthrie is busy/the tapes needs loads of work," which at least isn't a 'no.'

So - and I know some of you are more in the know than the rest of us - what's the latest? Where does it stand; when might we get a meaningful update (if not the thing itself)?