Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pink Floyd's The Wall album is next up to receive the Immersion Edition treatment and I am sure it will be warmly received by fans all over the world. Like Darkside of the Moon and Wish You Were Here Immersion editions, The Wall album with also feature a trove of audio, video and collectable merchandise items and will span 7 albums!

Treat Yourself to Pink Floyd's The Wall Album!
Given that there is a limited amount of stock, the sooner you get your order, the sooner you get the physical stock that retailers have in their warehouse allocated to your order. I work in retail! So it makes good sense to pre-order your album now to avoid disapointment!

Pre-Order The Wall Immersion from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com.

I wrote a little article on Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition in the news section of the site with some details of the contents of the discs etc.

What do you think of the contents? Are you getting the album?

Discs 1& 2 - Studio Aobum
Discs 3 & 4 - Album Demos
Discs 5 & 6 - Wall Live: Is There Anybody Out There
Disc 7 - Audio and video goodies
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Unfortunately these box sets have not been the treat that I was hoping for in my opinion. I was almost tempted to buy WYWH a few moments ago but now see that Amazon UK will be inporting the SACD from January 10th so Im going to go for that.
The Wall is my favourite Floyd album and this box would have been a definate for me but alas no 5.1 version has again dashed my hopes.
They obviously were thinking of this as full disc content was not anounced until September this year. Additionally Nick Mason was kind enough to reply on Facebook to smeones question saying that James Guthrie was working on this but that it would not be ready. This poses another question as to how this is ever gonna get released in the future?? We are already still waiting on the DVD of Rogers Wall tour.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I think I'll hold my fire until other people get it and read what they say :D I've never cared for the bootlegged Wall demos though maybe if they sound better on this, it might be a different story. I'm disappointed that they don't seem to have much of the Earl's Court concerts on the DVD. That would have certainly turned my head.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

If anything at all I'll just be getting the Experience edition, although I'm in no rush to get that either.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It is very disappointing that there is no 5.1 mix available. I would have had that sitting on a blu ray as disc 7 along with the other stuff. Or even as a separate disc 8, cant imagine the unit cost of production would go up much with another disc. They really should wait 6 months and add a 5.1 else I don't think the target market - the collectors - are going to be as interested in it as they could be. They probably already own everything in the box anyway!!

However, if you are not an obsessive collector that has everything, then it is looking like an excellent boxset in my view. I am looking forward to listening to the demos, for example, in better quality than on the bootleg I have of them. Very ropey!

I shall give it a 4/5 and would have been 5/5 with the 5.1 me thinks. 8)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I am on the fence/wall on this one so far. I really want the demos. The demo previews on Amazon sound pretty good...but the rest of the box, I don't know.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Yes, it is not as clear cut as the previous two! I want it for completeness more than anything as my OCD says so! Is it worth it for the demos and the memorabilia and book etc.? Yes, I think it probably is you know if you have some spare cash knocking about. 8)
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Don't have the money for it. Will not buy.
kingsteved
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kingsteved »

There's no 5.1 surround sound version in the box?? :( I don't think I'll get the Immersion set then. Maybe the experience edition sometime.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Already having 4 discs from this boxset, both The Wall album and Is There Anybody Out There, doesn't help at all in making this thing look the least attractive to me. So is another pass for me. I wonder what kind of experience edition can they do with this? A three disc set?

But if by some weird chance they choose to release the complete Wall demos as the Experience edition then I'm diving right into them! Like that In The Flesh plane.
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

They should give James Guthrie five more months to mix a 5.1 version.
Besides I'm broke this soon after x-mas...
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

I have the other two Immersion sets, so i guess i won´t be able to resist.... again.
walter5
Blade
Blade
Location: 13th Floor Elevator, Enron Hubbard Bldg. Houston Texxas

Post by walter5 »

I haven't bought *one* of the Immersion Editions yet, and I'll not be buying this one. A few previously unreleased tracks? Four CDs of stuff I already have? Marbles? Beer Coasters? Scarves? $100+ per box? Are you fucking kidding me? I wouldn't buy the "Shine On" Box Set, and I'll not buy this shite either! It's fucking PRODUCT. No love for the long-waiting fans to be found on *any* of these damned things. ](*,) They know they're sitting on a gold mine here, but we only get drips and drabs and they want to charge us through the nose for them? Not just NO, but HELL NO. I'll wait for the bootleg LP compilation these pitifully few tracks, thanks.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Keith Jordan wrote: I am looking forward to listening to the demos, for example, in better quality than on the bootleg I have of them. Very ropey!
pure wrist opening material :lol:
petediscrete
Embryo
Embryo

Post by petediscrete »

The only real offering on this bloatset is the video footage which claims to be only some footage of the Wall live gig.Well I bought a legit DVD of this very gig produced by some German outfit in Tower Records two years ago.While the quality wasn't great I can't see how much more enhancement can be done on material that suffered from complete blackness in parts. Maybe they used some form of CGI algorithm to create the characters.

This all seems to be a last hurrah by the record companies to liberate some serious cash from the mentally deranged. Next thing you know they will release Pink Floyd box set in 24.1 Super Douper Dolby complete with holograms so you can have the Floyd in your living room playing for you while you have your scarf around your neck playing with you marbles while drinking your beer off your coasters.

I got the Discovery idea on DSOTM and WYWH as there was clearly was something new on offer in both cases.I'd rather Immerse myself in a good bit of Moroccon Black and sit back and listen to the originals.