New Pink Floyd Official Radio Station

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Pink Floyd Official Radio Station

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pink Floyd are to have their own official radio station in the USA on the Sirius XM satellite radio network. It is due to launch on 27th May 2012.

Roger Waters announced the news in an interview with Jim Ladd, the DJ who featured in Roger's 1987 solo album Radio KAOS. The interview was broadcast last night in the USA.

Not only will the Pink Floyd radio station broadcast the entire back catalogue of the band including solo albums, but it will also feature interviews, rarities and broadcast concert recordings too! A bootlegger's dream come true if the material turns out to be previously unavailable!

Read more > http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... io-station
tonymasiello
Embryo
Embryo

Re: New Pink Floyd Official Radio Station

Post by tonymasiello »

Anyone tuned into this... just checked Sirius web site...

Now Playing: Pink Floyd - 1970 BBC Concert

Hmmm... wonder if it's the Harvested version :P
SydWaters
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SydWaters »

Keith Jordan wrote:Pink Floyd are to have their own official radio station in the USA on the Sirius XM satellite radio network. It is due to launch on 27th May 2012.

Roger Waters announced the news in an interview with Jim Ladd, the DJ who featured in Roger's 1987 solo album Radio KAOS. The interview was broadcast last night in the USA.

Not only will the Pink Floyd radio station broadcast the entire back catalogue of the band including solo albums, but it will also feature interviews, rarities and broadcast concert recordings too! A bootlegger's dream come true if the material turns out to be previously unavailable!

Read more > http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... io-station
you got the date wrong, Deep tracks is the floyd channel as of May 25th

The Pink Floyd Channel will air Friday, May 25 through Monday, May 28 on Ch. 27. The channel will be available again Friday, June 29 through Monday, July 9 on Sirius Ch. 142 and XM Ch. 43; and available as a 24/7 channel online on Ch. 802 and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and mobile devices beginning Friday, June 29 for an extended period.
Steph22
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Steph22 »

tonymasiello wrote:Anyone tuned into this... just checked Sirius web site...

Now Playing: Pink Floyd - 1970 BBC Concert

Hmmm... wonder if it's the Harvested version :P

Actually it's the 1971 BBC show. sounds pretty good to me. Yeah since it's a boot who gave sirius permission to play it? Obviously the Floyd but technically it's unreleased.....
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Interesting that they seem to be more willing to let unreleased concert material and demos be released in different ways these days.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Sorry, but aren't all recent Floyd compilation advertised like this? They usually turn out to be a dissapointment. :(
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Meh. The station seems to have a pretty big hard-on for The Wall and Dark Side material (and some Live tracks of each). Once in awhile, they'll throw in One of These Days, On the Turning Away and High Hopes.

Not like I've listened to it enough thoroughly throughout the day, though, but those are the things played most often (since I first tuned in to it yesterday).
SydWaters
Embryo
Embryo

Post by SydWaters »

TheFloydian1 wrote:Meh. The station seems to have a pretty big hard-on for The Wall and Dark Side material (and some Live tracks of each). Once in awhile, they'll throw in One of These Days, On the Turning Away and High Hopes.

Not like I've listened to it enough thoroughly throughout the day, though, but those are the things played most often (since I first tuned in to it yesterday).
It is only the Floyd channel for the weekend so i dont think they are going to get to deep into the catalog. Play the shit out of the popular stuff in hopes of grabbing a bunch more fans for when the official channel kick offs in June, this is just my opinion.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Roger Waters is on the station next Wednesday 27th June 2012 in a live Q&A at 12:00pm ET.
KidCharlemagne1962
Embryo
Embryo

Post by KidCharlemagne1962 »

Now I really do have to renew my subscription for XM.
perplex
Embryo
Embryo

Post by perplex »

Keith Jordan wrote:Roger Waters is on the station next Wednesday 27th June 2012 in a live Q&A at 12:00pm ET.
Did anybody record the live Town Hall Q&A with Roger on Wednesday? I'm a paid subscribed but I missed it. Enjoying the channel now! [-D-]
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

I'm getting Sirius XM through Dish Network, and last time I heard the Floyd channel was on channel 27, "The Deep Tracks" channel, at the end of May. Now it says its on channel 43, yet no such channel exists. It goes straight from channel 42, which is "The Joint" to channel 44, ""Hip-Hop Nation". Anybody else having this issue?
perplex
Embryo
Embryo

Post by perplex »

TheFloydian1 wrote:I'm getting Sirius XM through Dish Network, and last time I heard the Floyd channel was on channel 27, "The Deep Tracks" channel, at the end of May. Now it says its on channel 43, yet no such channel exists. It goes straight from channel 42, which is "The Joint" to channel 44, ""Hip-Hop Nation". Anybody else having this issue?
Try channel 142, that's what it is on the Sirius receiver in my car. I just read that they're cancelling the channel after July 7, how strange and confusing. I hope that was a misprint, I've really be enjoying it!
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

perplex wrote:
TheFloydian1 wrote:I'm getting Sirius XM through Dish Network, and last time I heard the Floyd channel was on channel 27, "The Deep Tracks" channel, at the end of May. Now it says its on channel 43, yet no such channel exists. It goes straight from channel 42, which is "The Joint" to channel 44, ""Hip-Hop Nation". Anybody else having this issue?
Try channel 142, that's what it is on the Sirius receiver in my car. I just read that they're cancelling the channel after July 7, how strange and confusing. I hope that was a misprint, I've really be enjoying it!
The same happens. No 142, either. I was able to get it on ch. 27 (Deep Tracks) at the end of May, but the current position of the channel is nowhere to be found, at least through Dish.