Vernon Fitch's new Final Cut book.

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Re: Vernon Fitch's new Final Cut book.

Post by UsNotThem »

It's ridiculous the price of these books. The Comfortably Numb book would cost about £120 including shipping, which is extortionate.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm What is the point of these limitations?
I don't know, ask him ... maybe production costs, maybe licencing costs :-;
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

UsNotThem wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:05 pm It's ridiculous the price of these books. The Comfortably Numb book would cost about £120 including shipping, which is extortionate.
Alas, quality books and signed limited edition books do demand high prices and are more like works of art to treasure ... have a look at some of the Genesis Publications (not the band) and Taschen Books and you will see some of them are considerably higher, and that is for just the book !
nonesuch
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nonesuch »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:13 pm What is the point of these limitations?
Anyone who had ordered the Comfortably Numb-book (which, by the way, is still available from Vernon) received a note when the Final Cut-book was finished, offering the option to purchase the item. I guess that Vernon wanted to avoid producing a mass of copies due to financial and stocking reasons. Record labels run theirs businesses just the same these days. They offer limited edition-items on pre-order-conditions, which means that they won't need a warehouse to have space for spare copies. It had very much become an on-demand-business.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I bought two copies of Comfortably Numb and received no such notification as to the Final Cut book. *shrug*
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

Me neither, would have happily bought the book had I known.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I got an email about the book - it was sent by PFA and said that as I was a PFA subscriber I was being given the opportunity to buy multiple copies of the Final cut book if I wanted to
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

I wish he would make all these books available for purchase electronically, and keep the physical printed editions limited. I am not fond of artificial scarcity here, good info like this should be around for folks to enjoy.