Pink Floyd - Overall music sales

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd - Overall music sales

Post by Hadrian »

I think that the biggest issue with CDs had been inadequately resolved packaging from day one. That brittle see-through plastic was and is shite, prone to scratches and cracks - especially the interior ring that holds the CD in place, which can damage it once it becomes loose ("loosing teeth" is the technical term). The rubber holder you mentioned, which makes you bend the CD to a breaking point to get it out, and makes it next to impossible to put the CD back in, is the final stage of that horror.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I haven't owned a CD player in probably 15 years, and I get annoyed on the rare occasions we decide to watch something on DVD. My last 3 cars have all been new Mazdas, and 2 of them didn't even have CD players. My ears are sensitive enough to distinguish different bitrates of audio files, and I can even hear some weird stuff going on with Bluetooth (pitch fluctuation in particular), but it's absolutely worth not having to piss around with physical media. I can sympathize with people that prefer vinyl, but an awful lot of them are using turntables with Bluetooth, and that's pretty damn funny.
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:07 pm ...but an awful lot of them are using turntables with Bluetooth, and that's pretty damn funny.
Don't get me started on turntables with Bluetooth capabilities. That is probably my biggest pet hate in that industry. ](*,)