Publius Enigma- A site dedicated to Pink Floyd from 1983

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Publius Enigma- A site dedicated to Pink Floyd from 1983

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Post the link on that Louder Than Sound website? Of post a direct link to the website itself?

https://www.publiusenigma.co.uk/

A website, nay, a REQUIEM to Pink Floyd from 1983 onwards. Even mentions Roger Waters! <.8.>
Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Publius Enigma- A site dedicated to Pink Floyd from 1983

Oh hang on, when you go to live dates, it instead goes to your contacts! ](*,) Anyone else had that?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Hammer
Hammer

Apparently the Roger Waters dates and others have yet to be put up, but the Floyd stuff works.
Had a communication with the sites owners!
scarecrow
Axe
Axe

Post by scarecrow »

Yeah, nice idea for a website... I read the long article about Yet Another Movie, have to say I'm always in favour of these sort of detailed song-analysis essays. Probably I'm splitting hairs but it seems a bit odd that Pat Leonard doesn't get a mention, given he's credited as a co-writer of that song?

I'm just curious as I only recently realised that Leonard had at that point recently written several massive hits with Madonna (with her contributing lyrics and vocal melodies)... I reckon there's some (fairly tenuous) similarities between Yet Another Movie and Live to Tell. I really like both those songs, perhaps it's just similar tempo, same key, some chords, use of fifths (although this article asserts they came from a separate thing Jon Carin had been working on), maybe too abstract to connect the two things. I think it's interesting they chose to work with Leonard, I wonder if they liked his work with Madonna? He was certainly a Pink Floyd fan and excited to get to work with them anyway.

So despite all the detail, the article left me curious about how the co-writing would work on AMLOR, and how/why Pat Leonard got a credit on this and Jon Carin didn't?

(Probably not very many people care about such stuff)
DarkSideFreak
Blade
Blade

Post by DarkSideFreak »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:04 pm Yeah, nice idea for a website... I read the long article about Yet Another Movie, have to say I'm always in favour of these sort of detailed song-analysis essays. Probably I'm splitting hairs but it seems a bit odd that Pat Leonard doesn't get a mention, given he's credited as a co-writer of that song?

I'm just curious as I only recently realised that Leonard had at that point recently written several massive hits with Madonna (with her contributing lyrics and vocal melodies)... I reckon there's some (fairly tenuous) similarities between Yet Another Movie and Live to Tell. I really like both those songs, perhaps it's just similar tempo, same key, some chords, use of fifths (although this article asserts they came from a separate thing Jon Carin had been working on), maybe too abstract to connect the two things. I think it's interesting they chose to work with Leonard, I wonder if they liked his work with Madonna? He was certainly a Pink Floyd fan and excited to get to work with them anyway.

So despite all the detail, the article left me curious about how the co-writing would work on AMLOR, and how/why Pat Leonard got a credit on this and Jon Carin didn't?

(Probably not very many people care about such stuff)
I do. And I also like Live to Tell a lot. Beautiful song (although the 20-minute version or whatever is a bit too long :shock: ).

Pat also became an important collaborator on Amused to Death, so I guess all Floyds liked him to a degree. Well, at least Dave and Roger. 8)
scarecrow
Axe
Axe

Post by scarecrow »

Yeah, these overlaps in personnel post-1985 are interesting. Amused to Death isn't an album I've really listened to, just found the bits I did hear on its release less compelling than Waters' best stuff.

Anyway, curious to see what else will get posted on this new site.
Luca
Axe
Axe

Post by Luca »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:04 pm Yeah, nice idea for a website... I read the long article about Yet Another Movie, have to say I'm always in favour of these sort of detailed song-analysis essays. Probably I'm splitting hairs but it seems a bit odd that Pat Leonard doesn't get a mention, given he's credited as a co-writer of that song?
I noticed it, too. And it seems odd indeed that the journalist/blog owner, who arguably has a deep knowledge of the floyd world, never mentioned Pat Leonard.