No
51%
Not sure
16%

Total votes: 57

Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Yes, and I searched in Kazaa and they don't have it either :(

I once found the 'What Shall We Do Now?' mp3 there, though. But I lost it due to a comp crash I had some time ago. check here
HypatiaAquae
Axe
Axe

Post by HypatiaAquae »

I've already got the DVD; although, if it were an offical release of the Earls Court concert, I'd be all over it.
Fat Trace
Blade
Blade

Post by Fat Trace »

fat_old_sun wrote:
Eclipse wrote:It'd be nice an audio album with the movie versions, imo.
i totally agree. in the booklet of Echoes (compilation) its says that WHEN THE TIGERS BROKE FREE is found on the wall SOUNDTRACK. it hasn't even been bloody released on CD or anything.
I've got the actual soundtrack from the film on CD, When The Tigers Broke Free' is on that.
Going back to the new DVD of the Wall i will proberly buy and let my daughter have the old DVD I have now. She's happy I'm happy......I love a quiet life!
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Theres nothing new? Ridiculous.
lisa
Axe
Axe

Post by lisa »

This is exactly why I haven't bought the dvd yet... that and because the movie has always been disturbing to me :wink:
My boyfriend will probably end up buying it though. They could've put an extra disc with one of the concerts but I guess that's too much to ask for.
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I'm quite sure I'm not gonna buy this. I already own the original DVD release and unless they add some spectacular extra features (such as the forementioned concert footage), I'm gonna stick with that.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

:evil: My God, people, what a RIP OFF!!!!!! :evil:

1. There is really nothing new. Not even "The lost doc" (see Neptune Forum Topic http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/for/v ... ocumentary)

2. The artwork is still not made by Gerald Scarfe.

3. It's a carton board digipack: this wears down over the years, where the normal DVD cases do not. Let there be no mistake about it dear people: this is a low budget re-release.

4. It has nothing to do with the 25th anniv. of The Wall The Film, the film was released 22 years ago.

5. I haven't seen this hyped "poster" yet, but if you buy a piece of photographic paper and use your average basic color printer I bet that you get a version of it without creases by printing one of the images from the "old DVD" features (i.e. "A saucerful of features > Oddities > Promo > Gallery)

So even though the artwork looks a little more like what Waters and Scarfe meant in '79 - '82 you must be mental to buy this one. Like someone else already said: buy this one and exchange it for your money back, using the "old DVD". :evil:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Are the menus any different?
Floyd McDuff
Blade
Blade

Re: The Wall Movie on DVD - 1st November

Post by Floyd McDuff »

I Only have it on VHS & its a bit battered now
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

Last edited by bpmolder on Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
animal77
Axe
Axe

Post by animal77 »

Well i got it today from the whsmith sale cost me about 8 quid(and its the only reason i purchased it) Its ok from a packaging point of view, looks better than the previous version. However the contents of the disc and even the the label on the disc is the same. It really is only a box and art repackage from what i can tell anyway. Rip off really dont buy!! unless you think the package design is really worth it..... uhhh like me i guess!!
oh yea and if you can get it cheap!!
Lumiere
Knife
Knife

Post by Lumiere »

Why why why?

What's the point in this DVD?

I wish Floyd would actually, y'know, release something rare and interesting for once.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

fat_old_sun wrote:
Eclipse wrote:It'd be nice an audio album with the movie versions, imo.
i totally agree. in the booklet of Echoes (compilation) its says that WHEN THE TIGERS BROKE FREE is found on the wall SOUNDTRACK. it hasn't even been bloody released on CD or anything.
On the original single it says it's from the forthcoming album "The Final Cut." Guess that's why they stuck it on there when they finally got round to remastering it.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

It is possible that the brief snippet of When The Tigers Broke Free in the Wall movie was intended as a preview of what was to come with The Final Cut.....at least it worked out that way, but it didn't end up on TFC either :smt104

As far as the new DVDs that are popping up, what is the point if they are either pretty much the same as the others that have come out before, or just cheap knockoffs?
Floyd McDuff
Blade
Blade

When The Tigers Broke Free

Post by Floyd McDuff »

I Always suspected away back in the 80's "When The Tigers Broke Free" would have went well on "The Final Cut" album only to find out years later that the album "The Final Cut" was indeed the final cut to "The Wall" so now I will go and buy the remasterd version when it should have been on it in the first place as it was missed out of "The Wall" album. :roll: