Axe
Axe

pink floyd on vh1 classic

Post by wgmw »

Taken from vh1.com

Headline Act: Pink Floyd
Monday, March 24
11/10c am & 7/6c pm

VH1 Classic honors a true classic - the remastered 30th Anniversary edition of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon." We will air an encore presenation of the Pink Floyd Headline Act featuring our exclusive interview with Pink Floyd legend, David Gilmour.

The rest of the evening:

7:30 - Listening Party: "Dark Side of the Moon - 30th Anniversary Edition"
8:30 - Live Pink Floyd Concert: "Delicate Sound of Thunder"
10:00 - "Tonight Let's All Make Love In London"
10:30 - A block of classic Pink Floyd videos
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Re: pink floyd on vh1 classic

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I saw the first PF Headline Act like a month or two ago. It was pretty lame...just some very short interviews with David (I'd have preferred if they didn't just use sound bites and actually *interviewed* him, but I guess they think their audience has a short attention span) and about three videos. The sound for ABITWpII was defective. It was quite a disappointment.

But what is a listening party? What are they going to do for one hour with *that*? Have they had listening parties for other albums before? Anyone seen those?
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

well, the way i look at it, what else is there to do on a monday night? i will definitly watch this, i get VH1 Classic :D
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

his vh1 classsic as in the regular vh1 channel or the one that used to say "smooth by day, rock ny night?"
wgmw
Axe
Axe

Post by wgmw »

David Smith wrote:his vh1 classsic as in the regular vh1 channel or the one that used to say "smooth by day, rock ny night?"
It's not the regular channel. I have it through digital cable. Works much like a satelite dish but without the dish. I will be taping it incase anyone is interested :D
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Can you PLEASE make us a copy of the tape? I assure you i'm a good reliable guy who will give you a good dose of cash for it. I don't have vh1 here and i've tried like hell to find someone to tape it but everyone else is busy tonight and their parents e.t.c will probably want to watch a different channel.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Can you PLEASE make us a copy of the tape? I assure you i'm a good reliable guy who will give you a good dose of cash for it. I don't have vh1 here and i've tried like hell to find someone to tape it but everyone else is busy tonight and their parents e.t.c will probably want to watch a different channel.
I just had a look on my electronic programme guide on Sky and cannot see the programme so I am assuming it is the american version of VH1 and not UK/Europe?
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, i just went round to a friend's to watch it and they played Madonna night over here :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:Yeah, i just went round to a friend's to watch it and they played Madonna night over here :cry:
Birdy hop, he do. He hop along! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Well, I watched the last part which was basically the DSOT concert and 66-67 Let's All Make Love in London short film plus a few assorted videos at the end (Arnold Layne, ABITWpII, Astronomy Domine (from the Hans Keller interview--that was rather novel and adventurous for VH1) and Learning to Fly. Was not able to see the first part due to important business we had to take care of, but I taped it and will watch it tonight, probably. Got in on the beginning and end of the listening party, which seemed sort of pointless, I mean how can you enjoy the sound of SACD while listening to it on a regular old tv :?: :? Appears as though they just played the album (almost twice...second time around they left off--the best part imho--BD/E) with assorted amorphous Post-Waters Floyd video clips in the background, plus some video effect graphic rainbow stuff along with some repetitious Floyd Facts. Nothing really we haven't seen before.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

kjnpf wrote:Birdy hop, he do. He hop along! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What the hell are you talking about? :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:
kjnpf wrote:Birdy hop, he do. He hop along! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What the hell are you talking about? :D
You disgust me.... It's birdie hop damn it!!! :D

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/albums/?id=opel

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NiceJangly
Axe
Axe

Post by NiceJangly »

:roll:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i really was not impressed with the deliate sound of thunder video, i thought it was filmed badly and very very uninteresting, i was most dissapointed
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Well sorry for not having Opel!

Actually, i have all pink floyd and roger albums, the 2 normal syd albums and none of the others. Are Dave's, Nick and Rick's any good?

And as far as i know Rick did an album entitled Broken China that followed the same story as The Wall (my source is Mind Over Matter by that Storm guy.) Were his lyrics any good?