New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
The Machman
Blade
Blade

Re: New Members Say Hello Thread!!

Post by The Machman »

Welcome, Simon.

Welcome to the Machine
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome Simon. 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Hello Simon :)
Simonfloyd wrote:Pink Floyd music doesn't belong to my generation...
Their music knows no boundaries :)
I'm just one year older than you, but their music really means a lot to me, among other things it saved my life.
Not Syd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Not Syd »

Hi All

Just noticed the introduction thread, 54 YO Male living in North Scotland here, been into Pink Floyd since I was about 13, saw Gilmours Pink Floyd live finally in 1994 at Earls Court London and seen the Australian Pink Floyd show live four times now and met them twice, was good to chat to them about their thoughts on Roger and especially the Birthday Party gig they did for David's 50th, have tickets to see them again in just over a week at Glasgow's new venue the SSE Hydro that supposedly has great acoustics, really looking forward to it and I know I'll be on a Floyd natural high again for weeks after the show.

Glad to have found this forum.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome to the forum, Not Syd. 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Are you sure you're Not Syd? :lol:

Welcome, man :D
LucyBlue
Embryo
Embryo

Post by LucyBlue »

Hi Guys,

I would like to say hello.

It's an intro so let me surmise who I am:

I'm 27 and a vaguely sociopathic female from Scotland...love my little country but don't want it to Independent as our politicians are quite terrible IMO. I won't tell you what I do for a living as it's quite ironic.

Several months ago, I couldn't have told you the first thing about Pink Floyd, other than they were some supposedly great old band who actually made me quite emotional when I watched Live 8 but still I never looked further. I am and always have been a Bowiegirl. 20 years too late I got into him but he spoke to me more than any musical act that was going on in my generation.

Several months ago I happened upon Bowie guesting with David Gimour at the Royal Albert Hall on youtube. I loved Arnold Layne of course as I was familiar with Bowie's 'See Emily Play' from Pin-Ups. The 'Comfortably Numb' song though was intriguing...I'd have to check out the original.

Of course that got me to 'The Wall' and Pink Floyd in general. I know you've all experienced it before but you must remember THAT time....I was like f'in wow...mind f*ck or what. This stuff is brilliant!

I've spent the last 2 months, buying Floyd and reading the threads on here.....seriously I've hoovered this place up....I get quite obsessive.....all your reviews....your feelings...at the same time as listening to this stuff for the first time.

Given what I've read, I guess I should make myself clear to you. I'm now a Waters fangirl. I love David's guitar sound but lyrics mean most to me and I've finally connected with thoughts and feeling about the world with someone else other than Bowie. Does it say a lot about me that they're from the 70s? Probably. I absolutely adore the Waters era...sometimes he makes me well up. His lyrics hit a note with me.

As I said before, I'm a noob....I love Gilmour's sound, for me personally I love the WYWH to the FC era the most and....please forgive me, reading some on here, 'The Final Cut' is probably my favourite album right now. It really is the best lyrics I've heard and I'm well familiar with Dylan, Lennon et al.

It's well...f'in beautiful.

My next post on here will probably be trying to say why I love it so much but for now....hi and for those that hate it so much, don't judge me on it right away.

Thanks,

Luce.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Welcome to the forum. 8)
FreeFour
Knife
Knife

Post by FreeFour »

Welcome LucyBlue

Envious of you experiencing Floyd for the first time, I wish I could do it all over again!
LucyBlue
Embryo
Embryo

Post by LucyBlue »

Keith Jordan wrote:Welcome to the forum. 8)
Thank you. :D
LucyBlue
Embryo
Embryo

Post by LucyBlue »

FreeFour wrote:Welcome LucyBlue

Envious of you experiencing Floyd for the first time, I wish I could do it all over again!
I know....I got that feeling just from reading here.

I bought the lot from itunes and am just listening and listening....as well as reading all your posts.

To find something that moves me like this is just wow.

I'm in no position to give any criticism yet at all but all i can say is...I can see why this band has made a forum like this and fans like you.

Amazing stuff.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Welcome - enjoy the music :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Lucy,

First of all - hello and welcome, indeed 8)

And as much as could have largely complimented your introduction, I'll just stay short for now and say it's pleasantly polite and I'm not going to judge you on anything, at least now :lol: . Actually, the funny thing is, I am a non-Brit telling this to a Brit :lol: .

It's nice to see young blood around here, I'm just about to turn 29 :D

moom aka The King Of Confusion aka Angry Julian, but most importantly - just me, Andrei (or Andy). ;)
Luvelle Raevan
Axe
Axe

Post by Luvelle Raevan »

Hello, I'm Luvelle, :D a Pink Floyd fan for most of my life. I've written a fiction series for young adults, based very casually about my love of music and musicians...among other things.

I'm here to talk about Pink Floyd and I've read a lot about them, currently reading Nick Mason's "Inside Out - A Personal History of Pink Floyd", and what a great read this book is!! I read many books about British bands, but currently and for a long time this band is a true favourite.

I understand the theory of many PF fans being male...I'm glad the male audience appreciates the music and I'm female, here to say Floyd is somewhat out of this world...and I mean that in the best possible way! Or perhaps they are totally perceptive of this world - we'll never know, but the music is ahead of the curve in many ways, I think.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Welcome to the family, Luvelle! (nice name, by the way)

It may be true that many Pink Floyd fans are male, but this forum has had its fair share of female fans as well. Good to have another here now. Welcome aboard, and have fun.