Hello from Italy

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
PCM72
Embryo
Embryo

Hello from Italy

Post by PCM72 »

Hi all.
Happy to join here.
Since I have a "project" about one of my favourite songs (Wolfpack) I've thought to post it today as my first thread here.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Hello from Italy

Post by justabagofatoms »

It's a pleasure to meet someone who is more inept with a computer than I am. :D

People aren't being rude, but it's considered bad form to join this forum and immediately want to share one of your "projects", without actually introducing yourself. That's what Faceblech is for. If you weren't getting a response, that is probably why. Neptuners are not unfriendly, but they are here primarily to share their interest in Pink Floyd, and many people join and leave the forum, which becomes tiresome, and so it hardly seems worth the bother to greet new members before they have been around for a bit.
I personally have blundered frequently with forum etiquette, and I'm not judging, just sharing.

If you care to give it another go, you will probably have a better result. I would love to hear about Italy from someone that is there.
PCM72
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PCM72 »

Sorry, you are right. I had that stuff ready just today that is the Syd Barrett anniversary. I just hurriedly made an introduction post here, hoping it was correct, I also would have preferred to wait a bit before that post. You may find something about my way of being in that post (I admint I'm not able with forums etiquette, but I think I'm not inept with a computer).
Thank you for your frankness.
Well, In Italy is a very worrying time, economically speaking, but It's still active culturally speaking, although a bit sleeping even though it's the cradle of civility. Italy is also an important centre of tradition of cultural works, and you may find it also for the many authors of books about Pink Floyd.
justabagofatoms
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by justabagofatoms »

Well, frankly, I can be too frank.
If your name was Frank, that would be a great sentence.

I apologize if I was brusque, but compared to the arse-whippings that some of the senior members can dish out, I was probably not too frightening. I take it that English is your second language? You seem to be very good at it. And I was cracking a joke about you being inept, because your link wasn't posted. I meant no disrespect. Obviously I am the one that is inept. Or it will be obvious, if you choose to visit more often, which I hope that you will do. 8)

As for the Italian economy...just keep Venice afloat, that's important.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Buon giorno, benvenute (hope I wrote it right) :D
PCM72
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PCM72 »

just keep Venice afloat, that's important.
:lol:
You are friendy enough, don't worry. :lol: :lol: :lol:
English is your second language?
I don't speak english very well, it was difficult to check all the sentences with google. I started to become quite over-meticolous, but it seems I've got good grammar results, thank you. So: I found a mistake (I meant "fairily" trasposed in wolves, instead of "fairly" trasposed) and I edited the post, thinking it will be the only mistake before, perhaps, a future revision with the help of someone.
Buon giorno, benvenute (hope I wrote it right) :D
As I've said, I'm inured to being over-meticolous in translations, so the correct was "Buongiorno, benvenuto".
Anyway, Grazie mille! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

:lol:

Well, I'll give you something to translate, then: "Tere tulemast, sõber!" 8)
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

moom wrote:Buon giorno, benvenute (hope I wrote it right) :D
Your Italian writing is bad, man...

Ciao PCM72, abbracci per te e per tutti gli italiani del forum, ci vediamo ! :D

(sono figlia d'italiani)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Well, it's not my mother tongue...
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3iAqxNpQ-A