Dark Side Of The Moon on TV

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
BrufordRules
Embryo
Embryo

Dark Side Of The Moon on TV

Post by BrufordRules »

Hi, and sorry for my english. Yesterday, here in Spain, the Tele5 channel broadcasted a little special for The Dark Side Of The Moon 30th anniversary (30 min. approx.). I could see some tracks from this album played live during the Pulse Tour (I guess), and all the members of the band talking about the songs, the production, and the tour of this album (including Roger). I don't know where all this material come from but I presume that it was and advanced from the DVD realeased.

Peace.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dark Side Of The Moon on TV

Post by Keith Jordan »

BrufordRules wrote:I don't know where all this material come from but I presume that it was and advanced from the DVD realeased.
It was an SACD and not a DVD that was released. The new Pompeii DVD has DSotM recording studio video on it though. :-)
BrufordRules
Embryo
Embryo

About SACD

Post by BrufordRules »

I know a SACD was released but, a SACD can included a video track with the commentaries of the band members and the live stuff?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About SACD

Post by Keith Jordan »

BrufordRules wrote:I know a SACD was released but, a SACD can included a video track with the commentaries of the band members and the live stuff?
I am not sure bu super audio compact discs dont "sound" as though they may have video included. It is a hybrid disc so who knows what is on it?!?! I think it is just the audio but I do not own a copy so i do not know.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I have the regular CDs "Led Zeppelin - Latter Days" and "Led Zeppelin - Early Days." Both have a short video on them that you can play on your computer if you have a CD-Rom (Who doesn't?!?!). I imagine SACDs have quite a bit more space than regular CDs, so perhaps they can fit a number of videos on them.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I have the regular CDs "Led Zeppelin - Latter Days" and "Led Zeppelin - Early Days." Both have a short video on them that you can play on your computer if you have a CD-Rom (Who doesn't?!?!). I imagine SACDs have quite a bit more space than regular CDs, so perhaps they can fit a number of videos on them.
I believe a hybrid SACD has multiple layers like a DVD so I imagine there is more storage space so it would be technically feasible to have such a disc. Perhaps I will just buy the disc and then I will know!! :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

In layered DVDs, there can be a small jump in some places - I wonder if there is any downside to hybrid SACDs?

(Pretty stupid question, I know.)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:In layered DVDs, there can be a small jump in some places - I wonder if there is any downside to hybrid SACDs?

(Pretty stupid question, I know.)
Perhaps during layer changes there will be this jumpiness!! They should optimise the discs in a way not to do this. Very annoying. :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The SACD is in quad sound BTW. David Gilmour just told me!! :lol:
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

kjnpf wrote:...David Gilmour just told me!! :lol:
uhhh huuuuhhh.... :?: :^o :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Mother wrote:
kjnpf wrote:...David Gilmour just told me!! :lol:
uhhh huuuuhhh.... :?: :^o :roll:
:lol: He did!! It wasn't in the flesh though!! It was on the DSotM EPK that I downloaded!!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

kjnpf wrote:
Mother wrote: uhhh huuuuhhh.... :?: :^o :roll:
:lol: He did!! It wasn't in the flesh though!! It was on the DSotM EPK that I downloaded!!
Oh Right. :D

That's where Roger told me he was afraid of flying. :D
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Re: Dark Side Of The Moon DVD

Post by rollinder »

BrufordRules wrote:Hi, and sorry for my english. Yesterday, here in Spain, the Tele5 channel broadcasted a little special for The Dark Side Of The Moon 30th anniversary (30 min. approx.). I could see some tracks from this album played live during the Pulse Tour (I guess), and all the members of the band talking about the songs, the production, and the tour of this album (including Roger). I don't know where all this material come from but I presume that it was and advanced from the DVD realeased.

Peace.
could be from the EPK - but I found this on http://www.brain-damage.co.uk re a DVD

"DSOTM DOCUMENTARY DVD:
A new documentary on the album "Dark Side Of The Moon" is nearing completion and will be released on DVD on June 30th. Details of what it includes are still quite sketchy, but it is believed that there is live footage from 1972 and 1973. There is credence behind these inclusions, as the DSOTM EPK (found here on this site!) includes David Gilmour playing some of "On The Run" from Brighton in 1972. They played three shows at the Brighton Dome in that year, including 20th January, which was the first public performance (if curtailed due to technical issues) of Dark Side. More info on this title as we have it. Thanks to Charles at Floydstuff.com for the head's-up!
-- Posted 15 April 2003 © Brain Damage & Floydstuff.com --"
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Dark Side Of The Moon DVD

rollinder wrote: "DSOTM DOCUMENTARY DVD:
A new documentary on the album "Dark Side Of The Moon" is nearing completion and will be released on DVD on June 30th...
=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ Wow...what a b-day present for me (of course, that's probably a region 2 release :( ...aren't they all )
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Oh my god! I want that! =P~

Speaking of documentaries, it's a shame that the often excellent Classic Albums series never covered a Floyd LP - Dark Side being the obvious candidate in terms of both success and musical variety. :)