Re: Frank Zappa

Post by nosaj »

I just don't want to buy ALL the Zappa albums I have again. ](*,) :-; :-;
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

You won't have to buy everything over again, but if you consider yourself a Zappa fan, you have to be able to listen to the original versions of these albums. I'll advise you to check out this page for more details.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Like the Grateful Dead, the Zappa family has begun a new live series called Road Tapes. The first one is called Road Tapes Venue 1.

Sounds interesting. From what little I have found on the internet, it seems this series of live albums will be from lower quality recordings than Frank might have wanted to release. But, maybe they are better than boots? I sure would like to know. You can let us all know!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

A NEW Frank Zappa album. It sounds like it could be awesome. From what I gather, Frank was assembling this when he was in a wheelchair (1972?), and most of the tracks are from 1969. It has been hard to find info., but Zappa fans who have bought it seem to be happy (it just went on sale yesterday, so details are coming out slowly). I might have to get this one.

Finer Moments

CD1:
01 – Intro
02 – Sleazette
03 – Mozart Piano Sonata In Bb
04 – The Walking Zombie Music
05 – The Old Curiosity Shoppe
06 – You Never Know Who Your Friends Are
07 – Uncle Rhebus

CD2:
01 – Music From The Big Squeeze
02 – Enigmas 1 Thru 5
03 – Pumped And Waxed
04 – There Is No Heaven From Where Slogans Go To Die
05 – Squeeze It, Squeeze It, Squeeze It
06 – The Subcutaneous Peril
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Happy Birthday, Ol' man...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Frank Zappa's final studio album, his 100th! Is being released on June 2015!

"Dance Me This" pre-order: http://barfkoswill.shop.musictoday.com/ ... =971_69916

Reporting (Take your pick!): https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... rank+zappa

Can't wait! I love Lather!!
Get ready for TER to take another kicking when we hear what Frank was doing musically far better than the Floyd in the 90's!!
scott tenorman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by scott tenorman »

I'm a huge Zappa fan. There are 2 Zappa forums, I'm registered in the official Zappa.com messageboard (great people), the other one is Zappateers, which I don't know too much, but it looks like a nice place too.

Zappa was one of the most important rock musicians ever IMO. His groundbreaking 60's Mothers Of invention stuff are by far my favourite albums by him (Uncle Meat, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Weasels Ripped My Flesh, We're Only In It For The Money, Absolutely Free, Freak Out). He also produced 3 great fusion albums (Hot Rats, Waka Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo). After that, he made some great accesible stuff like One Size Fits All and Roxy And Elsewhere, and Lather is outstanding. The rest of the discography, besides Chunga's Revenge, Bongo Fury (with the legendary Captain Beefheart, IMO the best rock musician ever), 200 Motels, Jazz From Hell, and his classical stuff, is not that amazing. Not that it's bad, but I don't like it so much.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Even though subsequent musicians may have been better players I will go for the original Mothers of Invention any day.

Roxy and One Size Fits All kick ass though. Second favorite Zappa band.
scott tenorman
Embryo
Embryo

Post by scott tenorman »

Vlad The Impaler wrote:Even though subsequent musicians may have been better players I will go for the original Mothers of Invention any day.

Roxy and One Size Fits All kick ass though. Second favorite Zappa band.
Can't agree more.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

scott tenorman wrote:I'm a huge Zappa fan. There are 2 Zappa forums, I'm registered in the official Zappa.com messageboard (great people), the other one is Zappateers, which I don't know too much, but it looks like a nice place too.

Zappa was one of the most important rock musicians ever IMO. His groundbreaking 60's Mothers Of invention stuff are by far my favourite albums by him (Uncle Meat, Burnt Weeny Sandwich, Weasels Ripped My Flesh, We're Only In It For The Money, Absolutely Free, Freak Out). He also produced 3 great fusion albums (Hot Rats, Waka Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo). After that, he made some great accesible stuff like One Size Fits All and Roxy And Elsewhere, and Lather is outstanding. The rest of the discography, besides Chunga's Revenge, Bongo Fury (with the legendary Captain Beefheart, IMO the best rock musician ever), 200 Motels, Jazz From Hell, and his classical stuff, is not that amazing. Not that it's bad, but I don't like it so much.
Any idea when "Dance Me This" is coming out? I did say June in my post, it's now the 24th and as far as I know, no trace of it.