Neil Young Thread

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Neil Young archives

Post by corie »

Hudini wrote:Ten blue-rays? What the hell will he fill them with? Every single concert between 1963 and 1972?

Seriously though, I'm also looking forward to this, although I'm not very worried how much it will cost. The stuff is free where I obtain it from. 8)
on blu - ray ?

btw 10 blu rays thats a whole lota giga bytes
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

crofloyd wrote:Second of all, he said that he find blueray the best format for sound/picture quality that's why he waited so long
Wow! We will be able to see and hear him sing off key with the best in clarity! :lol:

Just teasing. I really love Neil Young.
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

[quote="bpmolder
Wow! We will be able to see and hear him sing off key with the best in clarity! :lol:

.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

insane...how many people own blu-ray machines, and how many of them like Neil Young?

Rumour is that there may be a release in another format later...one most people have and can afford.
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

Well I don't care, as long as I can get it for free and I usually can.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

crofloyd wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgSpVU50-m4

It seems that Neil should be finally releasing five volumes from his vaults, and the first one (1963-1972) containing 10 Blue-ray discs will be out soon. First of all, it will be expensive as hell. Second of all, he said that he find blueray the best format for sound/picture quality that's why he waited so long - there will be even better medium in the future regarding quality and then what?!

Anyway, looking forward to it...
his whole carrer is on 10 blu ray dics
with many extra's
live shows
back stage stuff
solo's
one time played songs
rare versions of some songs
plus plus plus i exspect every studio will be included
and live t massy stuff also
i can;t wait
Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Creek »

Hell I'll get a Bluray player just for Neal Young it will definitely will be worth it. It will be like Decade times 10.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Neil Young : Dont be Denied

Post by wiped »

Anybody watch this last night .... it was a repeat but I'd never seen it before ... great documentary - AT LAST , a documentary with masses of input from the subject themselves ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f815m
Neil Young grants rare and unprecedented access to the BBC for a documentary in which he traces his musical journey in his own words.

The film was made from three hours of interview shot in New York and California and utilises previously unseen performance footage from the star's own extensive archives. It also features cohorts Stephen Stills, Graham Nash, David Crosby, Nils Lofgren and James Taylor.

From his early transcontinental American quest for recognition, through the first flush of success with Buffalo Springfield to the bi-polar opposites of mega-stardom with Crosby, Stills and Nash and the soulful rock of Crazy Horse, Young's career has enjoyed many guises.

Perhaps his most famous period was as a 1970s solo artist making albums that became benchmarks. After The Goldrush, recorded in his Topanga Canyon home, and Harvest, part-recorded on his northern Californian ranch, saw Young explore the confessional side of song-writing. But never one to rest on his laurels, he would continually change direction.

In the mid-Seventies, two of Young's closest friends died as a result of heroin abuse. What followed was music's answer to cinema verite, with Tonight's The Night a spine-chilling wake for his dead friends.

As New Wave arrived, Young was keen to explore new ideas. A collaboration with Devo on what became his art-house epic, Human Highway, saw the genesis of Rust Never Sleeps, a requiem for the Seventies.

In the Eighties, Young explored different genres, from electronica to country and in recent times he has returned to Crazy Horse and Crosby, Stills and Nash, but only when it has suited him.

The film ends with Young still refusing to be denied, on tour in the USA with CSNY, playing anti-Bush songs to a Republican audience in the South.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Neil Young : Dont be Denied

Post by 2066 »

Neil collaborated with Devo? Yikes! I did not know this. I like them both. I'm very interested in hearing that!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Hopefully this will soon be featured on Y... I'm interested to know more about the guy.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Sounds good, cheers. Will look it for it on I Player if it's up or some other online source :)
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

It was on iPlayer after they showed it the first time, so might be there again. Really enjoyed it. Seems like he's really on his own trajectory.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

my breakfast. wrote:Hopefully this will soon be featured on Y... I'm interested to know more about the guy.
It´s been on HC...
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

Great documentary!

Btw, The Archives could be the greatest rockandroll spoof ever...
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Downloading it now thanks Ray. I recorded the repeated concert after this but missed the documentary.