New piece of music from my band

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

New piece of music from my band

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

And I use "music" highly subjectively. This will surely annoy you. Not intended for fans of commercial music. Do not listen to this more than 3 times in a 24 hour time span.

https://soundcloud.com/gus-fogle/the-repo-man

The credits read:
"The Repo Man" is a track composed and recorded by keyboardist Gus Fogle and bass guitarist Jason Miller, telling the story of a desperate soul known only as The Repo Man. This faceless entity, subjected to years of sadistic psychological experimentation and shock treatment, lives only through his superficial identity as a debt collector. Hear the madness and nonsense abound.
Gus Fogle- keyboards and percussion
Jason Miller- Electric bass guitar, screaming
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: New piece of music from my band

Post by my breakfast. »

I'm in this amazing band, but our music is so complex that you probably won't get it as it won't be commercial enough for you simpletons.

If you are going to make such bold claims, either you don't believe in your music and know it sucks OR you are not willing to listen to any criticism. For one thing, mix this shit in stereo.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Thanks for that useful feedback, Alan! :D

I make no claims as to how good or bad my music is, only that it isn't written with the intention of being music you can dance to or hum the melody to.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

You guys should really consider more calmer sections in your musical pieces and in a better balance with the furious parts. This one is all feverish and angry almost until the very end and once a calm section finally arrives the piece completely loses all the energy. Adding more slower sections won't really make the piece "commercial", but at least it won't sound like a nervous breakdown.

Also, you could recruit a real drummer and call yourself Fogle, Miller & (insert drummer name). And Miller can then write some mellow acoustic stuff. 8)