31 Oct 1972: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
01 Nov 1972: Ottawa Civic Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
11 Nov 1972: Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
12 Nov 1972: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA
14 Nov 1972: University Of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, USA
15 Nov 1972: Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
20 Nov 1972: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA

Every double disc will have the same track list:

01. Opening (Excerpt From Firebird Suite)
02. Siberian Khatru
03. I’ve Seen All Good People
04. Heart Of The Sunrise
05. Clap/Mood For A Day
06. And You And I
07. Close To The Edge
08. Excerpts From “The Six Wives Of Henry VIII”
09. Roundabout
10. Yours Is No Disgrace

There's also going to be a highlight 2xCD/3xLP set for the less crazed Yes fans

AMAZON LINK 2xCD
AMAZON LINK 3xLP

01. Opening (Excerpt From Firebird Suite)
02. Siberian Khatru [20 Nov 1972: Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA]
03. I’ve Seen All Good People [20 Nov 1972: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York, USA]
04. Heart Of The Sunrise [15 Nov 1972: Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA]
05. Clap/Mood For A Day [12 Nov 1972: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA]
06. And You And I [11 Nov 1972: Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA]
07. Close To The Edge [11 Nov 1972: Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA]
08. Excerpts From “The Six Wives Of Henry VIII” [12 Nov 1972: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA]
09. Roundabout [31 Oct 1972: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Ontario, Canada]
10. Yours Is No Disgrace [12 Nov 1972: Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA]

http://www.yesworld.com/2015/03/yes-pro ... venty-two/

This is the sort of stuff that Pink Floyd fans dream about. Super excited for this, even if the set list is the same every night.

Apparently they've found more tapes from 73 through 79, so hopefully there are some more sets like this on the way!
Last edited by jambo on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Yes announces Progeny box set, 7 live shows from 1972

Post by azza200 »

Thats how to give fans what they want from the vaults hopefully Warner pick up on this and do that with floyd tours eras.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

This came out in the last few days and it is fucking awesome.

Because of the tape issues and the restoration process, all of the shows have a different sound and feeling to them.

Plus you get different improvisations each night and all the chatter and banter between songs.

Astounding, really hope something like this comes out form Floyd.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

If I may go a little bit off-topic, who draws for Yes? Those pictures are fantastic! :)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

jambo wrote:This came out in the last few days and it is fucking awesome.

Because of the tape issues and the restoration process, all of the shows have a different sound and feeling to them.

Plus you get different improvisations each night and all the chatter and banter between songs.

Astounding, really hope something like this comes out form Floyd.
I know it's all about the music, but could you quote some chatter and banter from the shows please?
Not all of them, just a couple. I love it when singers talk to the audience.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

At the start of Mood for a Day/Cap in Ottowa, Canada:
Jon Anderson: Steven is gonna play some acoustic things for you, while I change my trousers.

Steve Howe: Yeah we just gotta relax for a minute and wait for the sound of this little guitar to get to you good people out there. It's not too much to ask is it. I mean in olden days, like... you know you wouldn't hear it would you.
In between Close to the Edge and Rick Wakeman's solo section in Ottowa, Canada:
Jon Anderson: Thank You! Thanks a lot, thank you. We seem to have a a visitor. *quiet, low ringing noise* A visitor? Why is it making that...? We seem to have the presence of a being from outerspace. We seem... we seem to have. This sound keeps appearing and disappearing. It's nice... if you like sounds. I'd like to thank you very, very, very much for being so patient in-between groups and sticking it out.

Audience member: It was worth it

Jon Anderson: To the end. We're gonna do a few more things, all being willing. One of the things isn't gonna be Rick playing the organ I don't think. Just about this time he usually plays some things on the organ. Would you like, would you like to uhh... why don't *loud, high pitch sound rings out from keyboards* Actually we've been on the road for five days and this is the fifth time he's broken down. He's keepin' it up. He's keeping up. *loud, high pitch sound rings out from keyboards again* Ahh! Why don't you just take that note away and just throw it away somewhere? *Keyboards start working properly* Rick Wakeman!
Plus all the tuning and noises of changing guitars and keyboards. It's all raw concert from start to finish.

Just an FYI though, the 2CD highlights has hardly any of the above, just a tiny bit of tuning noise after Close to the Edge and some goodbyes on the ends of the last two tracks. Luckily you can purchase the individual shows on iTunes and Google Play.
moom wrote:If I may go a little bit off-topic, who draws for Yes? Those pictures are fantastic! :)
Roger Dean has been painting for Yes since the 70s

http://www.rogerdean.com/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Thanks :) Those go really well with the band's music, also.