Anyone think "Donald Trump's The Wall" would be a good idea?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff

Would you like to see "Donald Trump's The Wall" become a real album?

Yes, that'd be awesome!
33%
Yes, and that's a project I'd like to be part of myself!
22%
Maybe, depends on who ends up recording it
11%
No, because I like Trump and therefore I don't like anything that makes fun of him
No votes
No because I don't think there's anything funny about Trump
33%

Total votes: 9

Mason Green
Embryo
Embryo

Anyone think "Donald Trump's The Wall" would be a good idea?

Post by Mason Green »

I think it’d be a really great idea if someone were to do a full-length, track-by track parody of Pink Floyd’s The Wall...about Donald Trump. There are a lot of uncanny similarities between the storyline of that album and the tone of the Trump campaign; and the fact that both involve “building a wall” is only one of them.

In true Stephen Colbert fashion, the album would lampoon Trump while not overtly taking sides. The spoken-word parts from the songs would be replaced with actual recordings of Trump speeches.

I’d do it myself, except for two things: 1. licensing issues (which are truly daunting for a DIY artist like myself, but would be easier to handle for an artist or band who actually had a label), and 2. Pink Floyd is not really my style of music (although I’m a huge fan of theirs); I don’t think I could sound enough like Pink Floyd to be able to parody them.

So I’m putting this out there in hopes that someone else would be interested in taking up the project. Feel free to link to this idea on social media on your own Wall (pun intended) if you think you might know someone who’d be interested in making Donald Trump’s The Wall a reality.

Possible track listing:
  • 1. “You’re Fired?”. So ya thought ya might want to go on my show. I might pick you as my apprentice. Or I’ll make you go....

2. “The Political Ice”. If you should go skating on the thin ice of politics. It doesn’t matter if you tell the truth. You just need a good bag of tricks.

3. “Another Brick In Trump’s Wall (Part 1)”. China’s driving down our prices. Wrecking our economy. Goods with lead and other poisons. China, to the harbor with your tea! China, into the harbor with your tea!

4. “The Worst Days Of Our Lives” When we were young and went to school, there were certain teachers who corrupted children any way they could. Indoctrinating us to be politically correct. It all made me so angry I think every teacher like that should be decked...

5. “Another Brick In Trump’s Wall (Part 2)” We don’t need no immigration, all our borders should be closed. No thugs and rapists in our country. Migra, we should send ‘em home. HEY! MIGRA! We should send ‘em home!

6. “Mother” (lyrics wouldn’t need to be changed much, this song in particular is oddly apropos for Trump).

7. “Goodbye Blue Sky” (lyrics also wouldn’t need to be changed much, this song was originally about WWII, but could also be Trump imagining a future scenario where he’s president and causes WWIII).

8. "I'm Not Racist". (backmasked) Hello, you've just discovered the secret racial dog whistle. Please spend your welfare checks at KFC in the inner city, Compton... (sung forwards). I'm so incensed. How dare they call me racist? When I just tell the truth?

9. “Old Sexism” Carly’s kind of ugly. Just look at her face. Would you vote for that thing? I don’t see how she can win the race. Ooh, she’s just a stupid woman. Ooh, she’s just a stupid girl. Look at Megyn, bleeding from her eyes. And her whatever, what a sight! I meant nose and ears, calm yourselves! Only deviants would think I meant something else.....

10. "One Of My Rants" And I can feel one of my rants coming on. I feel hot as a blazing sun. Tight as a tourniquet. Loud as a funeral drum.

11. "Don't Leave Me Now". This lyric also wouldn't need to be changed much (it'd be addressed to the voters).

12. "Another Brick In Trump's Wall (Part III)": Though some think this plan is twisted. We should have all Muslims listed. Close their mosques, don't need them here at all. No I don't think we need them here at all. All and all they are all just bricks in the wall....

13. "Goodbye GOP": Goodbye GOP. I'm running 3rd today.

14. "Hey You": Hey you, without me there's no hope at all. Together we stand, divided we fall.

15. "Is There Anybody Out There". No need to change these (very minimalistic) lyrics, although snippets of Trump speeches could be added in the background.

16. "The ISIS Song": And I've got second sight. I know much more than our generals. So it's clear as a bell, I will bomb them all to hell. 'Till they're just an empty shell, there'll be nobody home.

17. "Carson": Does anybody else here think Ben Carson's nuts? Remember when he said he said that "it was good that guy's belt was in the way"?

18. "Bring The Boys Back Home": These lyrics could be turned around 180 degrees to reflect a hawkish foreign policy instead.

19. "Fashionably Dumb": Vote for me. Our country has been brought down. But it won't take a brain to get us on our feet again.

20. "The Show Must Go On": Also wouldn't need many lyrical changes, although snippets of speeches could be added.

21. "You're Fired!": Tell me, is something eluding you, voters? Is this not what you expected to see?

22. "Rough Him Up": With your nerves in tatters. You're shouting out Black Lives Matter. Think you should get battered. To the floor. We'll rough you up.

23. "Waiting For Trump's Worms": Would you like to see America rule again my friend? All you have to do is follow the worms.

24. "Stop": Stop. I wanna go home. Get off this TV stage and leave the show. 'Cause I've dug in much too far. Because I have to know. Have I been joking all this time?

25. "The Establishment": Good morning, Jeb your honor. The tape will plainly show. The candidate who now stands before you was caught red-handed spouting language, spouting language of an almost fascist nature. This will not do. Call the party chairman!

26. "Outside Trump's Wall" All alone or in two's. The ones who won't vote for you. Walk up and down outside the wall.
What do you think?
Last edited by Mason Green on Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone else "Donald Trump's The Wall" would be a great i

Post by twcc »

^^^
The project has merits. However, some non-US readers (perhaps I should say UK readers) may be a little confused with The Apprentice comments as Alan Sugar has copied the concept over here and tried to make the show his own.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

It's a good idea, but not vicious enough. Stephen Colbert is a comedy eunuch! "South Park" (especially this latest series) is doing it far better. And even then it's still holding back. I would take sides. Trump is an arsehole.
The days of good people running for office are over.
But other than that, welcome to the forum!
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

You got a lot of imagination that's all I can say... Maybe it would be easier with Dark Side tracks like Great Gig, Money and Brain Damage already speaks for themselves in that context :D
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone think "Donald Trump's The Wall" would be a good i

Post by twcc »

OFF TOPIC -

The petition to keep Donald Trump out of the UK is now approaching 400,000 signatures

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

[-X
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Someone pointed out today that all these people can get together to sign this (in my opinion) ridiculous petition yet has anyone put together a petition to stop the Jihadi loonies from returning to these shores?
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

An amusing idea but Trump's a chump and I can't imagine wasting any time on him for any reason. If he gets elected my being ashamed of being an American will hit an all time low...and I never thought it could get any lower after Bush. What a sad sad world.
Follix
Knife
Knife

Post by Follix »

Yes Trump is aclown, the only thing I like about him is that he isn't part of the Establishment, which would probably put his life in great danger if he became President.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

Remove the quotation marks from your question and my answer is yes.
BertWW96
Blade
Blade

Post by BertWW96 »

moodyblue wrote:Someone pointed out today that all these people can get together to sign this (in my opinion) ridiculous petition yet has anyone put together a petition to stop the Jihadi loonies from returning to these shores?
No, that would be a xenophobic intolerant emotion-bruising hate crime/trigger that failed to provide a safe space for diversity of homicidal intent - WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE THE CULTURE THAT WANTS YOU DEAD!!!

](*,)
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »