Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Glenn Frey Dies

Post by Bigmanpigman »

R.I.P. Glenn. When will the shocks end?

Frey died of complications from illnesses including pneumonia
Eagles guitarist Glenn Frey has died at the age of 67, the band has announced.
He died in New York City on Monday from complications arising from rheumatoid arthritis, colitis and pneumonia.
"Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us," his family and fellow band members said.
The Eagles were one of the most successful bands of the 1970s, with multiple hit singles including Hotel California, in 1976.
Frey co-founded the Eagles in 1971 with Don Henley, Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner.
He co-wrote Hotel California with Henley, and composed a number of the band's biggest songs on his own, including Heartache Tonight and Lyin' Eyes.
The Eagles notched up more than 150 million album sales worldwide, with Hotel California and their greatest hits among the best selling in history.
"He was like a brother to me; we were family, and like most families, there was some dysfunction," Henley said in a statement.
"But, the bond we forged 45 years ago was never broken, even during the 14 years that the Eagles were dissolved."
American rock band the Eagles pictured in the early 1970sImage copyrightGetty Images
Image caption
Frey, pictured second from left with the Eagles in the 1970s, wrote some of their best selling hits
After the Eagles' acrimonious split in 1980, Frey enjoyed success as a solo artist, most notably with The Heat is On, recorded for the 1984 film Beverly Hills Cop.
The band reunited in 1994 and became a hugely popular touring act.
Henley had vowed that the Eagles would only get back together when "hell freezes over" - which became the name of their album of the same year.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Glenn Frey Dies

Post by twcc »

^^^
Another sad loss. I was never a 'serious' Eagles fan but have to admit a few of their albums were essential listening, back in the day, to test out the hi-fi.

RIP Glenn Frey
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Great band, excellent musican. Very sad news, only 67 years old, that's just a crying shame

Very pleased I was able to see them back in 2006, they were fantastic live.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

More sad news. :(
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I can't even...