Music biopics?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Psychedelic600
Embryo
Embryo

Music biopics?

Post by Psychedelic600 »

What are your thoughts on music biopics? I think there are some good ones (i did enjoy 'I'm not there' a lot), but some are just horrible, the Brian Jones biopic 'Stoned' for instance. What music biopics would you like to see happen?
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Music biopics?

Post by jtull »

Psychedelic600 wrote:What music biopics would you like to see happen?
Pink Floyd off course! \:D/

Otherwise, I didn't like "The Doors" biopics that much. Yes, Val Kilmer did such an great job of looking like, and sounding like Jim Morrison, but Oliver Stone portraying Jim only as a drunken poet IMHO. :smt102

Or, as Ray Manzarek said criticizing Stone for exaggerating Morrison's alcohol consumption in the movie, saying, "Jim with a bottle all the time. It was ridiculous . . . It was not about Jim Morrison. It was about Jimbo Morrison, the drunk. God, where was the sensitive poet and the funny guy? The guy I knew was not on that screen."

p.s I pretty much like "Walk the Line" a biopic about the Johnny Cash life. Great performance by Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash.
Psychedelic600
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Psychedelic600 »

I think there could be a similar problem with a pink floyd biopic, Syd would be reduced to a caricature of a crazy artist based on myths around him. But I'd love to see it happen.
jtull
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by jtull »

Sid and Nancy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZp3meyWVm0

Ths was good one Imho. The story 'bout tragic life of Sex Pistol's Sid Vicious. Great performance by Gary Oldman as Sid Vicious.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Psychedelic600 wrote:I think there could be a similar problem with a pink floyd biopic, Syd would be reduced to a caricature of a crazy artist based on myths around him. But I'd love to see it happen.
Isn't there a documentary film being made about Syd? That could be quite good. If it ever gets finished!