The Dark Side of the Moon inspires new music everyday

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Reditus
Embryo
Embryo

The Dark Side of the Moon inspires new music everyday

Post by Reditus »

Hello Everyone,

Listening to a good song often reminds me of when my mother used to cook for my family when I was a child. Now, as an adult, when I have a good home cooked meal, I taste nostalgia; it takes me away from mundane reality for a moment and reminds me of a time where I felt naively connected. It is an almost sedating, strangely euphoric experience. Unfortunately, as an adult, I am admittedly a fast food fiend due to convenience and the perfect formula to satisfy taste. It is a largely unmemorable experience that is soon forgotten upon consumption, and while my hunger is satisfied for the moment, there is a vague longing for that special satisfaction I used to enjoy.

This, to me, resembles the current state of the music industry.

Consumption.

I remember very clearly the first time i heard Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon". I remember feeling lonely and out-of-touch before playing that record. I remember feeling bored and unimpressed, I remember feeling like the only one feverishly questioning everything in my existence.

That was the first record that made me feel alive again, helped me reconnect, and assured me that I am most certainly not alone.

This is what I believe music should do. It should be personal. It should express vulnerability. It should be fearless.

In creating honest music, one must take the risk of uncomfortably exposing oneself in order to connect with others. It is a strangely voyeuristic journey to truly immerse yourself in someone else's art, but to make it valuable, you must connect it to your own life.

We often live believing we are simply unlucky, and that we suffer more than everyone else... or maybe we are so blindly proud that we believe our happiness is unachievable for others and forget to lift each other up.

The truth is, we are all connected in one way or another, and where words cannot console or convince someone of this, music can. This is why I write, this is why I make music, and this is why I'll never stop.

Pink Floyd is a huge inspiration for my band Reditus. Check out our cover of Time \:D/ https://www.reverbnation.com/reditus/so ... pink-floyd

Thanks!
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Dark Side of the Moon inspires new music everyday

Post by twcc »

Mods,

Is this post in the right section ?

Should it be in 'General Music Discussion' ?
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Re: The Dark Side of the Moon inspires new music everyday

Post by Bigmanpigman »

It should be in the 'Advertisements' section, oh hang on, we don't have one.