Radiohead

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
dypa
Axe
Axe

Post by dypa »

I agree with Keith Jordan, Radiohead is a very good band but overrated :/
I frequent a lot of forums and you can read in every music-related topic how Radiohead is the best band ever. They have a lot of bad stuff in my opinion.. and I hate the leadsinger's voice

"OK Computer" is a really wonderful album, BUT WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH "Fitter Happier"?? hehe

My favourite song by them is "Karma Police"... it's sooo awesome :)

And.. Has any of you listened to "Idioteque"? How did you like it?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Looking forward to hearing their next album
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

their next album is gonna be great. first gig i ever saw was radiohead on their amnesiac tour and they literally blew me away. and for anyone who thinks they are overrated watch this video;

http://www.youtube.com/w/Radiohead---Ev ... =radiohead

can anyone tell me what device jonny greenwood is playing with on this song.
henno

Post by henno »

apocalypse wrote:their next album is gonna be great. first gig i ever saw was radiohead on their amnesiac tour and they literally blew me away. and for anyone who thinks they are overrated watch this video;

was that the one they played at punchestown???
that was my first radiohead gig, they were awesome...............
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

it was at the odessey in belfast. the national anthem echoed around the arena and i was engulfed in sound, absolutley incredable!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

dypa wrote:And.. Has any of you listened to "Idioteque"? How did you like it?
It is the best song Radiohead have ever done! So original and experimental.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

PublicImage wrote:
dypa wrote:And.. Has any of you listened to "Idioteque"? How did you like it?
It is the best song Radiohead have ever done! So original and experimental.
You heard the live version?Onceyou hear a live version you can never go back to the studio one :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

David Smith wrote:
PublicImage wrote:It is the best song Radiohead have ever done! So original and experimental.
You heard the live version?Onceyou hear a live version you can never go back to the studio one :D
Yeah, I've heard a version from SNL and seen the "music video". It's cool when the guitar comes in towards the end of the song, to make some weird sounds. Thom's voice in that song is brilliant!
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

I'd love to hear Gilmour guest solo on The Tourist. That song was taylor made for big Dave's riffs.
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

OK Computer & Amnesiac are classics.

Bends & Kid A very good ones.

Hail to the thief includes some great tracks, but as a whole it's not that great..

the first album just includes Creep, and that's a classic track
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Nora wrote:i like Radiohead , one of my favourite groups.
i love paranoid android, good choice man.
i recommend Karma Police, Lucky, No surprises, High and Dry, Exit Music, and ofcourse Street Spirit.
listen to them and tell me your opinion.
enjoy!
what about "Everything ...", "Pyramyd song", "2+2=5", "Sit down. Stand up", "Sail to the moon" and "There There" ? I also enjoy "Just" video very much
apocalypse
Knife
Knife

Post by apocalypse »

apocalypse wrote:their next album is gonna be great. first gig i ever saw was radiohead on their amnesiac tour and they literally blew me away. and for anyone who thinks they are overrated watch this video;

for anyone that's interested the effect that is being used by Jonny Greenwood on Thom Yorkes voice is a Korg Kaoss pad.
Ton Up Alvis
Blade
Blade

Post by Ton Up Alvis »

I loved OK COmputer when uit came out (still like it now I guess.)
I was SO excited when Kid A was released with all the great reviews. I bought it, put it in my CD played and...

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!!!??!?!!

COmplete and total shit and drivel.

It has to be the worst pile of steaming shit I have ever heard!!!!

It was agonizing to listen to. Droning unstructured electronic noise. SOunded like a bunch of chimapnzees with el cheapo RadioShack electronic keyboards.

Total crap.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I would say Kid A was their strongest work personally, but each to their own. I reckon it was great to hear mainstream music that was challenging people again.

I found it excellently atmospheric and hugely original with every song logically following the next making it a real album rather than a collection of songs. Lots of variation, outstanding vocals too and competent enough. It was a sure sign of a band that were not afraid of progressing and really evokes all sorts of moods and feelings in my opinion

In saying that i appreciate that it was certainly not to everyone's taste and certainly split the fanbase :)
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I'm sorta in the same camp as Ton Up Alvis, though I wouldn't really say I hated Kid A. I loved OK Computer, thought it was a brilliant album, but Kid A just didn't really strike me anyway. I do love challenging and experimental music, but it sounded more like genuine imitation experimental music to me, like they were trying too hard to do something really different. Far from it sounding random, I found it quite structured, and perhaps that was the problem...it was too forced, too static to me. But that's just my opinion. I have heard opinions that run the complete spectrum on Kid A, which I can give it credit for...it caused controversy and debate...which is cool.