CD title poll part 2

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!

CD title poll part 2

None Of Us Is Floyd Either
17%
Obscured By Echoes
10%
Pigs Can Fly
7%
Pillows in the Barnyard
No votes
The Return of The Sons of Neptune
24%
The Site And The Journey
7%
Sound On Neptune?
3%
stars can frighten
3%
they sent us along as a surrogate band
7%
Things are not what they seem
10%
This came from planet Neptune Pink Floyd
No votes
Thrill of Confusion
No votes
Tickled Pink
7%
warm thrill of confusion
3%
Dark side of Neptune
No votes

Total votes: 29

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

CD title poll part 2

Post by simpledumbpilot »

OK, heres the second part of the CD title poll. The winner of this will go head to head with Norbert's ''The Neptune Disharmonic Orchestra Presents The Music Of Pink Floyd'' in the final poll next week. Please read all the titles before voting. Good luck everyone!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I'll go with the first one, coz I think the name has to be interesting. So>> Simpledumbpilot (sry, forgot yer name :( ) I don't like the name Norbert Wilkins came up with, it's much too straight and our orchestra isn't disharmonic, imho.

P.S. my weapon of choice also reminds one of my best suggestions

P.S.S. YEEE, it's one of the winning ones!!! but the main leader (who, as it seems, woudl win) is a quite good one, too.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

I picked the first one because of the Tie in with the first NPF Tribute :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I voted for Obscured By Echoes for two reasons:

1. Volume One has a song from EVERY Pink Floyd album, so in a sense it is a more well balanced representation of Pink Floyd's catalogue than their own compliation "Echoes," and yet our tribute album will never see the kind of audience that "Echoes" has. Thus, our compilation will always be obscured by "Echoes."

2. ObscuredEchoes is a good friend of mine and I think it'd be a gas to see her name at the top. :D
henno

Post by henno »

if the next volume is to include a total cover of the wall, then im dissapointed that there is not many 'wall' related options,

dark side of neptune is cool, but would be totally misleading, nes pa?

what about 'another Neptune in the wall, Volume 2'
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

I voted for Tickled Pink as I suggested it and, after I've finished murdering Comfortably Numb, it would be nice to have an input that I'm not ashamed of...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

WAIT A SEC! MY SUGGESTION IS HERE TOO!? AND I HAVEN'T VOTED FOR IT :cry: :evil: but thanx for not voting it out yet :twisted:
PEOPLE, is my suggestion cool enough? :)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

besides, the first one is a logical continue to the name of the vol. 1. I had a similar suggestion - "Still nono of us is Pink", but firstly this one's even better , and secondly the name I suggest now is better too. Think it's the best
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I voted for Return of the Sons of Neptune because it makes me smile and it refers to a legendary non-existant Floyd track that may or may not exist in some vault somewhere, as well as us. Good smudge.
jmr
Axe
Axe

Post by jmr »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:I voted for Return of the Sons of Neptune because it makes me smile and it refers to a legendary non-existant Floyd track that may or may not exist in some vault somewhere, as well as us. Good smudge.
I voted the same... but for no paticular reason. I had no idea of the significance of the title.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

The Return of The Sons of Neptune goes through to the final! Congratulations to Olzen! The final poll will be up in a mo.