A New Machine

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

A New Machine

Post by Zarquon »

I think Momentary Lapse would, for whatever reason, have been a more appreciated album if A New Machine was an actual song, rather than just two vocal shorts. Many People dislike Dogs Of War, and I think this would have been offset by another vocal track on side two.

i.e

6. Yet Another Movie/Round and Around (7 minutes)
7. A New Machine (7 Minutes)
8. Terminal Frost (5 minutes)
9. A New Machine Part Two (2 minutes)
10. Sorrow (8 Minutes)

Does anyone have any ideas for what the song A New Machine, could sound like, fitting into the rest of side 2 of Momentary Lapse? I've been intending to write one for many years. Maybe a song about nuclear war, which would segue into Terminal Frost, which many people claim represents nuclear winter. Maybe a spiritual sequal to Welcome to the Machine? Who knows!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

There is a good full length version of A New Machine on the second (I think) NPF tribute CD, actually! It is very good.

Would have been nice to see what Pink Floyd would have made it into if they had wrote it as a full length track.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

PublicImage wrote:There is a good full length version of A New Machine on the second (I think) NPF tribute CD, actually! It is very good.

Would have been nice to see what Pink Floyd would have made it into if they had wrote it as a full length track.
Rather embaressingly I cant remember which volume its on either but I think it may be disc 1 of volume 2 just before the Meddle section, it was there for awhile anyway...i think! embaressingly again, Ive not listened to it since the day before it was sent off to Keith, altho I do listen to Douglas' outstanding Two of a Kind cover a helluva lot!, anyway, back to New Machine.....its a corking chilled out trancey version done with great spirit. I fear that if Floyd had made a full-length track of it it may have just sat on top Terminal Frost which would have been appauling in retrospect.