Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Right...Back To Square One, Anyone?

Post by Hudini »

I've e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago and there was also no reply...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Perhaps he IS on a vacation...
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

There is the possibility that something untoward has happened, and he will no longer be able to complete the project, However unlikely that is, do we have a backup plan?
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Maybe the best thing is to set a deadline for the resurrection of bpmolder. In the meantime, we start thinking of contingency plans, which kick in if and when that deadline passes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Actually it might not be a laughing matter]
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

We still have the demos, right?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

bpmolder wrote:More news: Unfortunately, I will still be delayed in getting the mastered first volume out there for you all to hear. The move was a killer. I ended up having to do it all myself and collapsed from exhaustion and heart palpitations afterwards. My doctor has had me on bed rest for the past week and I will also be in bed this coming week pending more check-ups.

I haven't disappeared and am not abandoning my promise to have the mastering done ASAP. Please bear with me as I get my life back on track and get back to making music.
Perhaps it's till this :(

Hudini, right, and, dunno, Sean can do something if he wants to, but... still Geoff has not resigned yet and perhaps we should wait for him at least a bit more...
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

As far as I'm concerned, we shouldn't be rushing anywhere. Hell, I want to see this thingy out as much as any of you guys do, but I wouldn't mind waiting until we all have sorted everything out. As I said before, I wouldn't appreciate this album more if someone died making it.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm sincerely hoping that nothing has happened to Geoff...however, if something HAS, and we do decide to press on with this, it would almost be a true going back to "Square One," but I'd be willing to salvage whatever I can.

FilthyFish has more expertise in producing and mastering than I...could he finish it?
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

yup I could, but I'd need to have the get go from Geoff or everyone else. I don't want to tread on any toes.

I want to make it clear that I am by no means suggesting we should rush things at anyones expense, and when I meant untoward, I meant (no Net access, PC failure etc)
So a deadline should be set as the project belongs to all and the loss of one player shouldn't mean the end of the game.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Hudini wrote: As far as I'm concerned, we shouldn't be rushing anywhere. Hell, I want to see this thingy out as much as any of you guys do, but I wouldn't mind waiting until we all have sorted everything out.
As I said before, I wouldn't appreciate this album more if someone died making it.
Didn't I express the same idea before?
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Isn't it nice when we all agree? :lol:
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

So, realistically what sort of deadline should we set, given that we want to achieve the release date (which I don't think should slip)? We want to give bpmolder as much time as poss. to ressurect, but still leave enough time for someone else to do the mastering if necessary.

Let me get the ball rolling and suggest 1st November. We can argue back/forward from that.

NB: We may also have to collapse this into just one album if we don't have bpmolder's extra contributions to work with.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

OK, I'm for it. The only thing is that I don't have "Some Of Them" in any version other than the raw demo I sent to Geoff, but if we start working on our own from November I'll be able to re-record it professionally in a couple of weeks.
filthyfish
Blade
Blade

Post by filthyfish »

I have quite a lot on my Studio machine but not sure exactly what I have without looking. I'll make a list later.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Hudini wrote:Isn't it nice when we all agree? :lol:
It is :D
Yes sometimes - just for fun >
"...Oh dear, can't you see? It's them it's not me
We're not enemies; We just disagree
If I was like them all pissed in this bar
He changes his mind, says I went too far
We all disagree
I think we should disagree, yeah..."

The Strokes, Is This It