DOWNLOAD - None Of Us Is Pink - Vol 1 CD1 to CD3 (SHN)

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PinkPudding
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPudding »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
HaVoKnYnJ wrote:I only see 2 peers and no seeds, for a grand total of 4% of disc 3 available. eek?!
I think a lot of Floyd fans have other things on their minds at the moment, fantastic news but bad timing for the tribute, altho that said, it should bring more people to the site that will hopefully jump on board, swings and roundabouts I guess.
"Everything that happens, happens exactly as it should, happens exactly when it should, because that is the way it happens"

great endeavor...good timing!
Barbie
PinkPudding
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPudding »

I'm almost done downloading disc 3...
Haven't been able to listen to all of it just yet-but here are some of my favorites so far....
Burning Bridges..what can I say? It's stunning... Granchester Meadows just beautiful, Corporal Cleggs euro-techno updated version gets to me-yeah!, AHM is GREAT-just kicks it out...Astronomy Domine is cool...Cymbaline-cool and refreshing..I'm stopping now to listen to more...
Waiting for W1P's GGiTS on disc 3-that is one great version......

Thanks for sharing the love-
Barbie
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Damn!t wrote:
Norbert Wilkins wrote:I never fail to enjoy the Croatian entries into the Eurovision Song Contest, year after year. They are usually pretty reliable, even in years gone by when the rest of the contest was entering the same song (with minor alterations.)
Interesting.
I find them utterly annoying. Aspecially ones in the past few years.
Songs from about 5 years ago where a different story.
Actually, now you mention it, there has been a minor tailing off in quality these past few years. The last one I really remember liking was a tall blonde woman in a long black evening gown who sang a ballard with a grand piano. I think that year was a dodgy year for most of the other entries. How long ago was that?
Vegetable-Man
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetable-Man »

Wow, this looks nice. Good job guys. I like the songs you chose. Can't wait to hear em. :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:
Damn!t wrote: Interesting.
I find them utterly annoying. Aspecially ones in the past few years.
Songs from about 5 years ago where a different story.
Actually, now you mention it, there has been a minor tailing off in quality these past few years. The last one I really remember liking was a tall blonde woman in a long black evening gown who sang a ballard with a grand piano. I think that year was a dodgy year for most of the other entries. How long ago was that?
I cant remember exactely, but i think you're thinking of someone who's not from Croatia. Sorry Barney, i really cant remember.
I use to watch Eurosong when i whas a kid more often then i'm watching right now.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Just had my daily look at how the bit torrents are going and Disc 1 has now had 666 downloads! :twisted:
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Alright I'm just now getting around to this.
Edit: Wow off to a great start. 100 kb/s

Edit2: Upload: 40 DL: 150
I love NPF. 25% done in 30 minutes.

Edit3: Done with disc 1 in an hour. Amazing. When I'm done with all 3 I'll seed them all.

Edit4: Done with all 3 in a little more than 2 hours. I'll seed disc 1 all night tonight. And disc 2 tomorrow night and disc 3 the night after.
Last edited by Jangus on Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hipgnosis
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Hipgnosis »

this is awesome! great cds!
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by rosm »

I'm now downloading disc 3, really enjoyed discs 1 and 2. Some songs a bit more than others but wow how creative you all have been!!!
Some hilarious versions, some pretty versions and combining The tide is turning with High hopes... BRILLIANT, perhaps they can play this on Live 8!

Great work, performers, artworkers, seeders, Keith and others.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

This is looking good folks, Ive just checked the torrent page and we're at 699 downloads for disc 1, come 7.30 tonight the torrent will have been up for 1 week, wouldnt it be great if we could say we avaraged more than 100 downloads a day for the first week? Its great to see this music reaching so many homes, the work the performers have put in is so good that we need to get this into more homes tho, I had a secret wish that 1000 people would hear this, we can make it happen but we need more help. Heres what id like people to do...

All participants to post links on their websites, come on folks its in your interest.

Any non-participants that want to add links please go for it also.

Add it to your trading sites / lists (please post here whenever you trade it).

Perhaps a few subtle postings on other Floyd boards, please dont go spamming tho, if you happen to be a member of another Floyd board then feel free to bring it up, but dont do anything thats not allowed here, a mention in the What Are you Listening To threads is always harmless.

Come on people, these musicians excellent work needs to be heard! so do what you can, if we can reach another 300 people in the next week that will be simply outstanding.

OK, I'll be back to bug you all once I've thought of more stuff.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Only just had chance to post this but we reached 700 downloads of disc 1 earlier today, thats an average of 100 downloads a day in the first week! add to that the fact that some of the vines are in the early stages of action and at this point weve reached a total of 714 people with disc 1, the way the torrents are going its very likely that the second disc will be in 500 homes tomorrow with the third disc currently in around 350 homes.

Id like to keep a tally of how many people we reach so if you record it for any other Floyd fans please take a brief moment to send me a PM or post in this thread.

Cheers
Stu
PinkPudding
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkPudding »

Reporting in!
I've got all 3 discs safe and sound in my little hands now!
ECHOESHUB.COM!

Great stuff....a fine, fine job!
Listening now....there's SO much to take in.....aaaahhhh!!!

THANK YOU !!!

Barbie
missbee
Axe
Axe

Post by missbee »

Tenniru wrote:"Cymbaline"'s vocals are pretty much superior to the original version
golly! i dunno about that, coz i LOVE david's voice, but i appreciate the compliment all the same.

my favorite vocals on disc one are:

grantchester meadows
burning bridges
the turning away
cirrus minor

still trying to decide who has the most gilmour guitar sound, but my guitarist swears it's him! :wink:
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Thank you missbee! :smt039
I. M. He
Embryo
Embryo

Post by I. M. He »

I'm new to this, but it does seem to be going pretty well - averaging 23 KB/s...
I've got a question: Can you download more than one disc at a time?

-mk-