NPF TRIBUTE CD REVIEW CENTRE

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

NPF TRIBUTE CD REVIEW CENTRE

Post by crofloyd »

So, people, let's hear it: what do you think of the songs, the album and the concept???
Lexxy
Blade
Blade

Post by Lexxy »

The first 2 cds have just been amazing! All I can say about Atom Heart Mother is wow, amazing guys, really amazing. I can't wait to hear the Darkside now :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Lexxy wrote:All I can say about Atom Heart Mother is wow, amazing guys, really amazing.
Yep, those keyboards are amazing, shame about the guitars tho :wink: :lol:
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

I just finished listening to the first CD and let me just say W O W!!!

This is really wonderful so far....I can't wait to finish downloading the rest.

My band and myself are very grateful to have been offered the opportunity to be on Disc 1...thank you Simplepilot... :wink:

You guys are really amazing on this....really. :D
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

I thought it was going to be good - buit it surpasses anything I could have imagined - I am glad to be amongst such great and inventive musicians
studio_chuck
Embryo
Embryo

Post by studio_chuck »

Ive listened to the 2 CDs available so far and its been a greta project to be involved in. The ideas from every artist have blown me away. When i saw the running order before i listened to the CDs i had in my head an idea of what it could sound like but the actual events have gone way beyond anything we all thought possible when the project was first announced. A big well done to everyone involved and massive thanks for putting my track on the 2nd CD. Good Job all round. :o
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

WOW!! First two discs have been incredible! Can't think of them all off the top of my head, but stand-outs for me were Careful With That Axe (apart from about 90 seconds in the middle - sorry, not my thing!), Grantchester Meadows (mind if I use this version in place of the original?), Cymbaline (beautiful!), Set The Controls, Atom Heart Mother... where do I stop?!
Can't wait to hear the third disc. Don't make us wait any longer, Keith!! :D

David
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

db_intheflesh wrote:...Grantchester Meadows (mind if I use this version in place of the original)
Thank you! :D

Heavent heard the album yet...i'm still waiting for the discs to arrive.
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

Damn!t wrote:
db_intheflesh wrote:...Grantchester Meadows (mind if I use this version in place of the original)
Thank you! :D

Heavent heard the album yet...i'm still waiting for the discs to arrive.

ya me too... damn royal post!

thankx for all the comments on AHM :D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

WOW! Just listened to disc 1, :smt020 and it's amazing. Every track on it was great. In particular, CWTAE was brilliant (and I loved the middle part)! Cymbaline, gosh what a breezy and beautiful take Lovespirals did on that (amazing vocals!). Stop was fantastic too. Who'd have thought that a little track like that could be turned into such a great song? And Matilda Mother tripped me right out! Loved it! I could go on and on. Well, everything was great (though I'll reserve comment on my own contribution, Cirrus Minor, for other people!). Like others have said, it has exceeded expectations. Congratulations to everyone involved on a suberb job done! (because I am assuming the rest is as good as the first disc! Can't wait to hear discs 2 & 3)

Wow, what a great day this is! Floyd is re-uniting, I have amazing covers of Floyd tunes to listen to...it just doesn't get much better than this! :D
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Massed Gadgets wrote: Well, everything was great (though I'll reserve comment on my own contribution, Cirrus Minor, for other people!). Like others have said, it has exceeded expectations.
Actually it's very good.
stranger at home
Axe
Axe

Post by stranger at home »

First off, I must say Atom Heart Mother blew me away....and the High Hopes/Tide is turning medley was a fantastic idea. Really worked very well, I thought.
The rest of both albums sound so good, and I love everyone's take on these amazing songs. My biggest happiness about the whole thing is how deep into the catalogue of tunes we all went into. A great collection I must say. Can't wait for the 3rd (and final :( ) disc
Everyone's stuff sounded so professional, and the mastering makes everything flow flawlessly. I have absolutely no complaints! Give yourselves all a big pat on the back!! :smt023
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Any Colour wrote:
Massed Gadgets wrote: Well, everything was great (though I'll reserve comment on my own contribution, Cirrus Minor, for other people!). Like others have said, it has exceeded expectations.
Actually it's very good.
Thank you! Glad you liked it! :smt023
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

ok people...

i listened to the magnum opus and i've to congatulate with you. This is how internet can bring peolple toghether to follow a specific goal...and produce it in a concrete way! Impressive. A very original and creative idea, from the performers, to the artworkers and the producers. My compliments, again.

If there's going to be a vol.2, i really would like to partecipate too.

Thumbs up to all of you.
lando2k
Axe
Axe

Post by lando2k »

just finished listening to DSOTM. incredible!

my expectations were high enough after cd 1 and 2, but what i just heard, blew me away! :D