Which Ones Pink? performing in Santa Barbara on Sept. 10th

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Which Ones Pink? performing in Santa Barbara on Sept. 10th

Post by davidjay »

"which one's pink" will be as soho restaurant and music club here in santa barbara, ca on sept 10th (i think that's the date) i plan on being there too. not as a performer, mind you, but there just the same. perphaps some of the other participants here in california (missbee, are you listening) could make it for the show as well. it might be fun to have an npf night here as well. if i'm not mistaken, the website for soho is:
http://www.sohosb.com
check the schedule and see if you can make it!
W1P
Blade
Blade

Very Cool

Post by W1P »

davidjay wrote:"which one's pink" will be as soho restaurant and music club here in santa barbara, ca on sept 10th (i think that's the date) i plan on being there too. not as a performer, mind you, but there just the same. perphaps some of the other participants here in california (missbee, are you listening) could make it for the show as well. it might be fun to have an npf night here as well. if i'm not mistaken, the website for soho is:
http://www.sohosb.com
check the schedule and see if you can make it!
At a minimum, I'll see you there

This is me Image
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I thought this might get noticed more if it had its own thread. Anyone that can make it to this gig then I recommend you go, Ive not seen Which Ones Pink? in action myself (tho that will soon be rectified due to the wonders of DVD) but have heard several of their recordings and they sound great! some of you may be familiar with the cover of Great Gig In The Sky on the tribute CD.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Tali Azerad

Post by W1P »

Our "Great Gig" singer, Tali Azerad, http://www.talimusic.com is scheduled to appear on Sptember 10 in Santa Barbara!
W1P
Blade
Blade

Blue Jay Way

Post by W1P »

It was awesome to meet David Jay in person last night AND that sneak preview of Several Species was great too! Alan Parsons looked like he was having a great time too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Blue Jay Way

Post by simpledumbpilot »

W1P wrote:It was awesome to meet David Jay in person last night AND that sneak preview of Several Species was great too! Alan Parsons looked like he was having a great time too!
Excellent!, I havent heard any of Davids Several Species yet, looking forward to it tho. How did the gig go? What was played?
W1P
Blade
Blade

Setlist Sept 10

Post by W1P »

I thought the gig was great -- for some reason we always play well at SOhO even though its one of the smaller places we play. I spoke with David at the intermission and he said he was impressed but I didn't get a chance to speak with him after the show. Tali did Great Gig that night and she was, as always, incredible!

Which One's Pink? @ SOhO, Santa Barbara September 10, 2005. (Alan Parsons was again in attendance -- note that the Easy Star All Stars (Dub Side of the Moon) will play this venue on October 14 and W1P returns on November 12)

In The Flesh
Money
Pigs
Empty Spaces
Young Lust
On The Turning Away
Is There Anybody Out There
Nobody Home
Cymbaline
One Of My Turns
Don?t Leave Me Now
Brick III
Goodbye Cruel World
Comfortably Numb

[INTERMISSION]

Shine On, Parts I-V
One Of These Days
Mother
Have A Cigar
Breathe
Time
Breathe Reprise
Great Gig
Happiest Days
Brick II
Wish You Were Here
Run Like Hell
Brain Damage
Eclipse
Hey You
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Re: Blue Jay Way

Post by davidjay »

W1P wrote:It was awesome to meet David Jay in person last night AND that sneak preview of Several Species was great too! Alan Parsons looked like he was having a great time too!
i had a great time at the gig. it was nice to finally meet you in person, dan. your vocalist on "great gig in the sky" (tali, i think) was a real show stopper. absolutely brilliant! the whole band was great. they sound more like the floyd than the floyd these days. i really enjoyed myself. i'm glad you liked "several species". you're the first to hear it. i'm a lozy sod, and i haven't sent it to stu yet. (sorry stu. i'll get it in the mail to you this week.) it was nice to see alan parsons there. he's a local guy and it's cool that he came out to support you. i'm not sure if i can come down to "the canyon club" in agoura hills to see you in november, but i might be able to make it. it would be fun to see you guys do "the wall" in it's entirety. it's bound to be a great gig!
W1P
Blade
Blade

Which One's pink back at SOhO on 11/12

Post by W1P »

David, my wife accidentially put Several Species in her car CD player and had no idea what it was! She's freaking out!

We're back at SOhO on 11/12 (but first we do The Wall on 11/5 in Agoura)